PDA

View Full Version : Robland sliders

Dan Chouinard
06-28-2020, 2:30 PM
Seeking opinions of the Robland sliding table saws.
Thanks

Jim Becker
06-28-2020, 4:44 PM
They have only recently "resurfaced" for the most part with Martin acquiring the brand. There was a recent discussion when they came up as an option, but I don't believe there are many users here, but that's purely from memory.

Peter Kelly
06-29-2020, 12:09 AM
Martin US just distributes Robland along with Gannomat, Aigner, Bi-Matic, etc. No actual ownership of the other brands..

I’d spent a fair amount of time on a rebadged Powermatic 10’ Robland slider some years ago. No complaints.

John K Jordan
06-29-2020, 12:24 AM
Seeking opinions of the Robland sliding table saws.
Thanks

I can't address the Robland slider table saw but my limited experience with Robland is positive. I have their cast iron sliding table attachment on my PM66 - the thing is well made, solid, precise, and smooth to operate.

Sam Puhalovich
06-29-2020, 6:35 AM
435917435918I have an older X-31 combo ... IMO the machine was meant to be used in a production shop ... set-up ... run-all-day. It will do that. It has a lever instead of a hand-wheel to raise/lower the blade which is 'testy' when setting-up a dado cut. The slide itself for me was too small for handling panels, so I added the 'frame' which has worked-out really well. The 12" jointer is superb ... I replaced the fence with a 8020 piece of material. The original came with 2 fences ... a 'long' and a 'short' that didn't work for me. There is a Robland X-31 web site that I frequented when I first bought the machine. It shows many versatile mods that owners have done.

Jens Hoffmann
06-29-2020, 10:13 AM
I’ve inquired about their saws in the US three times, never got a response back from them (them being Martin USA). I hope you’re more fortunate. They clearly don’t want my business.