PDA

View Full Version : First photo

Pat Salter
12-29-2005, 1:53 AM

I've been a sometime commenter here and finally got some digital pix of my stuff to put up.

This is a candy(?) dish approx 11" tall and 5 1/4" wide at lowest shelf. Made from sycamore and the pattern was taken from the Oct 05 Woodwork magazine.

Dick Parr
12-29-2005, 1:57 AM
Very nice and unique design. Looks like it will be functional as well. Great shape and love the wood. Great first picture, keep them coming.;)

Pat Salter
12-29-2005, 2:09 AM
functional? we filled it with candy Christmas day. you don't see any candy left do you?:D

John Hart
12-29-2005, 6:45 AM
Very cool Pat! How is it assembled? Glued or screwed? I have trouble with getting things centered even though I have a lathe. :o

Mark Cothren
12-29-2005, 8:18 AM
Very nice! I like that idea.

Looks like it could all be turned as one piece?

Thanks for the picture!

Ernie Nyvall
12-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Nice picture and piece of work Pat. Great idea.

Ernie

Bill Stevener
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi Pat,
Like your candy dish, always nice to see something different. I like your photo as well. I am trying to get some discussion going among the group as to how they present there work with the photos they show. As SMC is the best place on the internet to relate to ones love for woodworking and this forum turning, it's all in the show and tell.
I started a little thread, in hopes others would join in with how and what they do to present there work. Not to become a professional, but any and all input will surely help everyone to improve and enhance the show part.
So all in all your photo is quite nice, how and what did you do to get it that way.
Thanks for sharing,
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Keith Burns
12-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Very nice. Nice detail,wood and finish. Good photo as well.

Pat Salter
12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys.

Mark, I'm not THAT good:D , no, it's made from pieces, three shelves, three spindles and a base. and to answer John's question, it's glued only.

The picture doesn't show it but the grain on the three shelves match but that's only because the pieces came from the same trunk that I sliced up and stacked.

Bill, I'll find that thread and let you know how I did it there.

Bernie Weishapl
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Nice picture Pat and great piece of work.