PDA

View Full Version : Anyone turn photos into good graphics for lasering for fee?

Laura Lovell
06-23-2020, 2:28 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a person, service or website that accepts photos and uses photograv and/or Photoshop to turn photos into laser ready high quality graphics. I have some photos I would like to pay someone to alter to come out better and would love to find someone who can convert.. do you have to have photograv in order to convert a photo or can you use photograv to set up then transfer file to lightburn?

I plan on getting photograv likely soon but I don't have the time right now to learn any other program and I need to laser a few prototype items for a big customer. And I'm at about 6 months into learning Adobe programs, 2 months of lightburn and 3 months of pt lasering, so I'm still new, (but had to jump at opportunity that presented itself.)

Thank you!

Kev Williams
06-23-2020, 5:47 PM
Below is a link to Universal's 1-touch photo web page, right at the top it says 'download 30 day free trial'...

https://www.ulsinc.com/discover-uls-innovations/1-touch-laser-photo

Download it and run it. There's nothing to learn, really. Here's my plan of attack:

-determine if the engraving will be lighter or darker than the wood itself-
-change the photo to grayscale-
-if it will engrave lighter, then make it a negative image-
-if it will engrave darker, leave it be-
-you want the photo as close to actual engraved size as you can so if possible, resize it-
-adjust the contrast and brightness to make the light's lighter and the dark's a bit darker-
-start the 1-touch program, open the pic file, choose the "wood" option, run it, save it, engrave it...

it's surprising how easy it is, as are the results in most cases...

Joseph Szegda
06-24-2020, 6:21 AM
Are you still looking help, PM me I may be able to help
joe

Steve Utick
06-24-2020, 10:35 AM
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a person, service or website that accepts photos and uses photograv and/or Photoshop to turn photos into laser ready high quality graphics. I have some photos I would like to pay someone to alter to come out better and would love to find someone who can convert.. do you have to have photograv in order to convert a photo or can you use photograv to set up then transfer file to lightburn?

I plan on getting photograv likely soon but I don't have the time right now to learn any other program and I need to laser a few prototype items for a big customer. And I'm at about 6 months into learning Adobe programs, 2 months of lightburn and 3 months of pt lasering, so I'm still new, (but had to jump at opportunity that presented itself.)

Thank you!

Honestly, if you've already got LightBurn, you have everything you need to laser them. Import the image, then go into the settings for the Image in LightBurn and you can select your "Image Mode" There have been some amazing photos done by people using GreyScale settings. With the image selected, you can go to the Shape Properties and adjust your gamma, contrast, brightness as well there. You can really do everything natively in LightBurn that you can do in something like photograv now. Just takes some experimentation. I know that Oz has done a couple of videos outlining the details as well.

Bill George
06-29-2020, 7:05 PM
Interesting joins and sets up a business contact.

Bert Kemp
06-30-2020, 9:57 AM
that shouldn't be allowed unless they become a contributor :D

Mike Null
06-30-2020, 10:40 AM
Not even if they're a contributor.

Bert Kemp
07-01-2020, 3:01 AM
Are you still looking help, PM me I may be able to help
joe

I think you have to be a contributor to send and receive PM's