PDA

View Full Version : Just Messen With A New Camera

Bill Stevener
12-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Santa left a new camera this year and I have been reading the book. So much to learn. I set up a photo tent, been trying everything but getting in the tent myself.

Thought I might post a photo to see how it looks in the magic box.

Still so much to learn, with this net photo stuff. But it's fun.

Maybe we can start a turners photo thread, I often see some great photos from the gang, it would be of help to all, as often noted -- where's your photos??????

I don't know how this is going to look. :eek:

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Ernie Nyvall
12-28-2005, 11:23 PM
The photo turned out real nice Bill, and so did the itty bitty.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
12-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Bill photo looks fine and so does the itty bitty. How did that camera make that vase the same size as the dime.:eek: I need to learn how to do that so I can enter the itty bitty contest.:D

Carole Valentine
12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Great looking itty bitty, Bill! Did you drop out the background on that pic?

Andy Hoyt
12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Bill - That thing must have one heckuva macro on it.

The dime looks alive.

And the vessel would too, but it needs a tad more light, maybe?

What's the camera?

Bill Stevener
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I dunno about dropping out the background Carole, but this is what I did do.

I placed the two items on a pc of glass. The background is a soft, velvet like white material, which runs under the glass. Took the shot, then blew it up 30%, Cropped the image, then blew that up another 30%. It's a wonder I can remember what I did. I must have taken about 200 photos today. I better start learning to wright down what I did.

Andy, the camera is a Kodak Z740. If I set it on the extreme macro mode, like for shooting text, the grain in the wood looks like Carlsbad Caverns.
This little camera can do just about anything one wishes, so far I am real pleased. If one wishes manual settings, its all internal via. the menu. Quite a feature. Still playing with the light, trying not to get the highlights on the subject, so much to learn with this photo tent thing.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Gary DeWitt
12-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Looks pretty good to me, Bill. Crisp detail, just the right size, color is balanced as evidenced by the neutral gray in the dime. Detail can be seen from lightest areas to darkest, with the possible exception of some areas near the base and up under the rim.
As an evidence sort of pic, it's great. As a photo to sell your work, it might be composed better with some discernable background, even a neutral gray with a gradient in it.
I think your'e headed in the right direction. It took me nearly an hour of experimentation to get some close-ups of some silver coins I'm planning to sell on that unmentionable auction site. Lighting, focus, and color balance issues.

Dick Parr
12-29-2005, 1:04 AM
Looks good Bill, You say cameras come with a book?:eek: That might explain the lack of good pictures from my Canon A70. Now were did that book go.:confused: I bet it has little text to.:rolleyes:

John Hart
12-29-2005, 6:29 AM
Wow...great picture Bill. Even the ingrain is crisp and clear. There's no hiding with a camera like that eh? Maybe I should read my book too?:o