PDA

View Full Version : Father’s Day Present - DigiFence Table Saw Digital Scale!!

Eric Arnsdorff
06-21-2020, 12:25 PM
This is my Father’s Day present (I may have picked it out and emailed how to order it).
It’s a digital scale for my table saw and it works great! It’s the Accurate Technology scale.
It’s very repeatable and extremely easy to use. Large numbers and lots of display options as well as being easy to offset and zero.

Roger Davis
06-21-2020, 2:15 PM
Which model is this and what was the cost?

Eric Arnsdorff
06-21-2020, 3:02 PM
Which model is this and what was the cost?

Roger it is the DigiFence for cabinet saws. The cost is $199 (it shows $299 but just above it they give the code for $100 off). You can find them cheaper but this one is nice and worth it to me. It works well. Below is the link.

https://www.proscale.com/products/industry-applications/woodworking-cabinets/digifence/

Ben Rivel
06-21-2020, 10:07 PM
Pretty cool looking lock down handle on that Delta fence!

Roger Davis
06-22-2020, 1:46 PM
Eric, thanks for the link. How long did it take you to install. I have a right tilt Unisaw with two fences that I interchange, the standard Unifence and a Unifence head with the Peachtree Uni-T-Fence.

Eric Arnsdorff
06-23-2020, 9:35 AM
Eric, thanks for the link. How long did it take you to install. I have a right tilt Unisaw with two fences that I interchange, the standard Unifence and a Unifence head with the Peachtree Uni-T-Fence.

If you change the complete fence out then you would either need 2 fence brackets and digital displays or 2 of the brackets (cheaper part) and make an easy way to switch the digital display. This would be very doable and easy to switch. I'm sure if you contacted them they could get you the parts together for the components you need.

The install on my saw is my only complaint with the unit. I don't suspect you'd have the same issue with your fence. The mounting for my saw/fence didn't fit as designed. I understand there are a lot of saw models and continuing changes by the saw/fence manufacturers probably makes it hard for them to keep all updated. I contacted them and they sent me an alternate kit at no charge which was closer but still required some variance on mounting. I mounted it with the original kit and had it working. Then remounted it with the new replacement kit yesterday. So.... I probably ended up spending 2 or 3 hours in mounting and unmounting.

A single mounting probably took about an hour. You have to tap some #8-32 holes in the bottom angle/tube (they include the tap drill and tap). They are very small and on the bottom of the fence so no concern at all in doing this. It's actually not that bad.

It's a very nice scale and I have used it for a number of cuts. I like it so much better than trying to read the manual fence scale. Additionally, when I change the saw blades it is a very quick re-calibration. This is much better than trying to manually adjust the fence's manual readout (and soooo much easier to read - did I mention that ;-).

It is also much much more repeatable. I'm bad about not getting all the boards that should be the same width/length cut at one time. When I went back to cut some yesterday it was dead on the same as the previous cuts.