PDA

View Full Version : 500 Miles - First recording of my first build

David Falkner
06-20-2020, 12:59 PM
It's been almost a year since I finished my first build but I never recorded anything with it until Wednesday night. I kept wanting one of my friends who can actually play to do something I could post but they're all gun shy around cameras.

So one of the young ladies I play for often on solos at church asked if I would play 500 Miles for her. Now, this girl is 22 but loves 60's music - awesome! We met at church and recorded in the coffee room, which turned out to be ok on acoustics but the AC was on and computer controlled so there's a roar I couldn't get rid of in post.

Anyway, the playing is simple and has flaws but Katie's singing is top notch like it always is. By the way, I hope this is a good place to post this video, if not please move it.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdn2B_LhNs

Paul F Franklin
06-20-2020, 2:23 PM
Very nice David and Katie!

Von Bickley
06-20-2020, 3:21 PM
I only have one thing to say... "Great"

Sam Force
06-20-2020, 4:41 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job on the guitar and a great voice

Mel Fulks
06-20-2020, 5:00 PM
Lovely, thank you for including us. And we are seeing another side of you, since your avatar is always on the way OUT
of the room. You might be a major player in the return of Hootenany!

David Falkner
06-20-2020, 5:10 PM
Lovely, thank you for including us. And we are seeing another side of you, since your avatar is always on the way OUT
of the room. You might be a major player in the return of Hootenany!

Haha! The avatar is pretty close to accurate - right!! LOL! :D

Thanks, Guys! If you've checked out my Woodworking Channel on YouTube you've seen this side of me often. Of course, I haven't posted a new video since last year sometime so I'm long overdue.

David