PDA

View Full Version : Tinley Park, IL

Ron Jones near Indy
07-10-2003, 8:40 PM
I'll be there for a couple of days attending a conference. Any woodworking places I need to visit?

John Weber
07-10-2003, 9:53 PM
Ron,

We go up there several times a year as my Mother in law lives in Orland Park. Other then visiting the place we were married, there is a Rockler, Home Depot, Menards, and Sears Hardware at 159th and Harlem. If you have time you should check out Berlins House of Tools in Lombard (about 45 mins), a true tool meca. A little further is Kirkland Sawmill and a nice Powermatic/Delta/etc... dealer with a great selection of speciality woods (although the name escapes me), it's a little less then 2 hours. Other then that about all I can say is stay off I-80 if you can.

Take Care - John

Doug Jones
07-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Not that I have anything to add to this thread. I just saw that the two posters were from Indiana, so I thought I'd make 3 posters from Indiana.

Bob Reilly
07-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Ron,

We go up there several times a year as my Mother in law lives in Orland Park. Other then visiting the place we were married, there is a Rockler, Home Depot, Menards, and Sears Hardware at 159th and Harlem. If you have time you should check out Berlins House of Tools in Lombard (about 45 mins), a true tool meca. A little further is Kirkland Sawmill and a nice Powermatic/Delta/etc... dealer with a great selection of speciality woods (although the name escapes me), it's a little less then 2 hours. Other then that about all I can say is stay off I-80 if you can.

Take Care - John

Hey John, where is Kirkland sawmill?

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
07-11-2003, 12:54 PM
I too, wanted to say I'm from Indiana, but am now transplanted to Virginia. Originally from Hagerstown, just west of Richmond (on I-70, Ohio line). Coming back to visit next week for eleven days. Son lives in Shelbyville and works in Rushville. I can't wait to see some flat land and straight roads again!

Earl Reid
07-11-2003, 1:56 PM
Ron, There is Paul Bunyon's, on Wireton Rd in Blue Island. Its off of
W 127 th st. Tools and wood. Have a nice trip.
Earl

John Weber
07-11-2003, 2:41 PM
Bob,

The Kirkland Sawmill is located in Kirkland, Illinois, about eight miles west of the Route 23 and Route 72 junction, which is in Genoa -- a small town southeast of Rockford.

The tool/wood shop is Hardwood Connection in Sycamore.

The other Ron, I'm in Richmond so if you have some free time and want to talk shop when your in the area drop me an email.

John

Jeff Rich
07-12-2003, 7:26 AM
I'll be there for a couple of days attending a conference. Any woodworking places I need to visit?
Hi, might as well make it a fourth from Indiana!