PDA

View Full Version : Roller top that fits glue bottles?

roger wiegand
06-12-2020, 2:20 PM
I often find this kind of glue applicator useful. I'd dearly love to find one that just fits the bottles that glue comes in rather than having to our the glue into a proprietary bottle and then clean it up later. Surveying my shelf, all of the tightbond uses the same size cap as do a half dozen other I happen to have, larger than the ones that come with the readily available roller-top bottles.

Does anyone make such a thing?

johnny means
06-13-2020, 1:46 AM
Try going to a restaurant supply store. Screw bottle sizes are standardized and they'll have many different condiment bottles.

Jim Becker
06-13-2020, 9:27 AM
Try going to a restaurant supply store. Screw bottle sizes are standardized and they'll have many different condiment bottles.

I don't think they have rollers like that, however. The OP wants a roller that fits the native glue bottles to avoid transferring the glue to another container.

-

Roger I just did a little searching and didn't come up with anything that didn't require changing containers. Even Titebond folks don't have an accessory, although I did find a nice non-disposable silicone glue brush that I just ordered from Amazon. So looking at this for you cost me nine bucks. LOL

Brian Tymchak
06-13-2020, 9:30 AM
Roger, you might offer that suggestion to Rockler and Titebond. Seems like a pretty good idea.

roger wiegand
06-13-2020, 3:27 PM
Yes, I would have thought it a no-brainer, then I wasted a couple hours searching. I suppose if I were more entrepreneurial I could make my fortune.

Darn, I just published my invention, there goes my patent, fame, and fortune!

Sorry for your nine bucks Jim, I hope your brush brings you happiness.

Jim Becker
06-13-2020, 5:13 PM
I'm sure that brush will be great...especially as I'm nearly out of the disposable ones.

Bradley Gray
06-13-2020, 6:19 PM
I have a roller that fits titebond bottles - I think I bought it from Woodcraft about 25 years ago.

Brian Tymchak
06-13-2020, 8:58 PM
Yes, I would have thought it a no-brainer, then I wasted a couple hours searching. I suppose if I were more entrepreneurial I could make my fortune.

Darn, I just published my invention, there goes my patent, fame, and fortune!

Sorry for your nine bucks Jim, I hope your brush brings you happiness.

Actually, you now have clear documentation and a date if you need to prove ownership.

Dave Sabo
06-13-2020, 11:23 PM
Sorry Roger, that roller in your pic is a Rockler product and fits Titebond glue bottles. Been out a while now.

glenn bradley
06-14-2020, 12:58 AM
They beat me to it. I have the rockler top as you show in the picture and it fits the tight bond bottles.

johnny means
06-14-2020, 5:17 AM
I don't think they have rollers like that, however. The OP wants a roller that fits the native glue bottles to avoid transferring the glue to another container.

-

Roger I just did a little searching and didn't come up with anything that didn't require changing containers. Even Titebond folks don't have an accessory, although I did find a nice non-disposable silicone glue brush that I just ordered from Amazon. So looking at this for you cost me nine bucks. LOL
I guess I just assumed we were talking about glue bottles being refilled from a 5 gallon bucket.

roger wiegand
06-14-2020, 6:46 AM
They beat me to it. I have the rockler top as you show in the picture and it fits the tight bond bottles.

OK, now I'm going to feel really, really stupid. For some reason I looked at it and saw the same small top as on the other ones I already have.

I think I will go hang my head in shame for a while.