PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 412 planer blades???

Mike Heinen
06-11-2020, 7:52 PM
I just bought a used (but like new) powermatic 412 planer... beautiful machine, works like a dream.. But I am looking towards the future.. Blades, parts and such.. Does anyone know if any other blades will fit???I know that the 6291131 blade is also A Jet #..but cant find them either... You do a search on google for powermatic 412 and you dont get much... Was they jyst not popular?? I found a manual (if you call it that) not alot of info there.. If anyone has some wisdom to share please do...Thanks!

Jim Becker
06-12-2020, 8:49 AM
Traditional straight planer knives (as I'm assuming this older planer uses) should be obtainable from multiple sources by having the length, thickness and height measurements.

Mike Kees
06-12-2020, 7:21 PM
Powermatic 412 planer is a lunchbox planer. Not sure what size blades it uses, as I just googled it to see what it was. When I need blades for anything I just go to my sharpening service with one of the old blades in hand to measure and they cut them to size for me from appropriate stock. If they do not have it they know where to get it.