PDA

View Full Version : 42" planer

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:08 PM
Just went down to southern IN to grab my trailer, which happened to have a greenlee planer wadkin disc and spindle sander, and a scm t160 shaper, oh a transformer and a bunch of misc stuff as well.

This is the biggest planer greenlee made, 42" wide, Newman quiet cut head. 35hp cutterhead motor, 5hp feed.
Just shy of 10k pounds.

Warren Lake
06-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Do you ever buy anything that is not for Giants :) That will be a struggle to get into the basement :) will there be photos of the T160 ? sounds like you have a serious trailer

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:25 PM
Do you ever buy anything that is not for Giants :) That will be a struggle to get into the basement :) will there be photos of the T160 ? sounds like you have a serious trailer

It's easy to get in the basement, fall right through the floor.

Shaper is still on a pallet wrapped up. Had to do some on site work this week.

20 foot gooseneck trailer, straight deck, load range G tires. Nothing spectacular.

Matt Day
06-09-2020, 10:32 PM
Darcy, didn’t someone just come to IN (on the FB OWWM group) and pickup that same planer?

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Darcy, didn’t someone just come to IN (on the FB OWWM group) and pickup that same planer?

My friend delivered some stuff to me, took my trailer down to NC to get this, then packed it full and left it for me to pick up when he went back to TX.

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Full trailer.

Warren Lake
06-09-2020, 10:45 PM
I lose

what year is the pickup?

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:47 PM
I lose

what year is the pickup?

1997. 265k miles on the old 7.3. That was a good load for the old girl.

Matt Day
06-09-2020, 10:50 PM
My friend delivered some stuff to me, took my trailer down to NC to get this, then packed it full and left it for me to pick up when he went back to TX.

Gotcha, I replied to Chris in his post. Seems like a good guy, and is a Purdue fan to boot!

Quite a long haul arrangement there.

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Gotcha, I replied to Chris in his post. Seems like a good guy, and is a Purdue fan to boot!

Quite a long haul arrangement there.

Known him for 6 years or so. When he gets back in September we will be finishing setting up my production equipment and start running product.

Was going to set up shipping, but planer got moved to an off site facility and he needed to hit the road and clear his mind from some unfortunate personal stuff.

He was the only friend I invited to my wedding. lol

Phillip Mitchell
06-09-2020, 11:03 PM
This must have been the one from IRS that came out of the Red Bud Factory in High Point a few months back. Do you know what they manufactured with the planer? There was a lot of old arn in that auction.

Is this for you or for a client?

Darcy Warner
06-09-2020, 11:11 PM
This must have been the one from IRS that came out of the Red Bud Factory in High Point a few months back. Do you know what they manufactured with the planer? There was a lot of old arn in that auction.

That's the one. I have no clue what they did there.
Stuff has been a PIA to get moved until recently. Chrisco ended up taking this back to their place in the interm.

Planning on setting this up and running it for a while, mostly because not many people get the chance to operate something like this, well until someone wants it more than me.

Mark Gibney
06-09-2020, 11:45 PM
That's an incredible looking machine. I'd be frankly scared to turn that thing on first time, I'd have to stand 30' back and poke it on with a long pole.

Scott T Smith
06-10-2020, 12:22 AM
Nice score!

Darcy Warner
06-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Head was installed in 1984.

Darcy Warner
06-10-2020, 11:22 AM

Apparently all that equipment was from the former Hayworth roll and panel company. I believe redbud is a company that bought the property, building and contents in 2005. I believe everything in there has sat idle since 2004 since redbud llc looks to only be a real estate investment company or the likes. Hayworth had a long storied history with just shy of 100 years in business.

Phillip Mitchell
06-11-2020, 7:02 AM
Good to know. I was curious when I saw the auction come up. High point is not even 2 hours from me and I make it down there from time to time. At one time, High Point was one of the furniture manufacturing / business “capitals” of the world,
apparently, so there’s a lot of old industry infrastructure there. Thanks for the history.