PDA

View Full Version : Sharpener Advice

Jason Christenson
12-28-2005, 3:54 PM
I found this sharpener today at a local woodworking store that is going out of business. It is 42.00 minus 10% because, like I said, they're going out of business.

Does anyone have on of these? Is it adequate to sharpen my turning tools? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks in advance.
Jason

John Hart
12-28-2005, 4:05 PM
Hey Jason. I did buy one of these. I think I paid over $60. Anyway...It suited my needs pretty good, and I switched back and forth from high speed to low speed as sort of a comparison analysis. But then I gave it away to someone who didn't have a grinder and I switched to a high speed grinder exclusively. I felt that it served me well...no real complaints. The sharpening took more time, but not much, and I'm really not in that big of a hurry.

Randy Meijer
12-29-2005, 12:35 AM
I bought something very similar from Sears on sale for $24..reg price $29. Did wonders on all of my kitchen cutlery; but I haven't tried it yet on my turning tools It is a water lubricated stone so it is a little messy!!

Kurt Aebi
12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
I have one just like it. I use it dry and to put touch-ups on the turning tools between sharpenings.

Kurt Forbes
12-31-2005, 10:59 AM
a wheel that small should yeild a pretty ugly hollow grind I would drop $20 more at your local woodcraft and get their slow speed 8" grinder Good wheels good deal all in all.