PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale Season, 2020

steven c newman
06-06-2020, 7:14 PM
Went out this morning...."Game is afoot"

Some places were just clothes, nic-nacks, pots&pans.....there was one the did have a tool I thought I could use...then found a second one with a few more "Treasures":D
So, altogether, I spent $9.....$1 at that first sale, the rest on the second sale....
Framing square just needs cleaned up....($1)
three 3" C clamps, a screwdriver tip for a brace drill ( Handyman.) and a Stanley No. 11 - 3/4 3/32" nail set. Rasp was still very sharp, according to my fingers....and
Had a big handle. The drill? Was $5, got it for $4...Stanley No. 610. Is stamped as a 100 Plus....both on the crank, and on the handle...couple of drops of 3in1 oil...runs quite well, and quietly.

Not too bad of a morning, eh?:D

Stew Denton
06-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Steven,

Ya did good! The condition of the stuff looks good to very good to almost new.

The framing square looks to be a bit rusty, but you and I both know it will clean up very nicely. Even if you had only gotten the three clamps and they had set you back the $8, it would still have been a very good day. I have a bunch of C-clamps, but there have been times when even a bunch was not enough, and I could have used more.

At any rate good job.

Stew

steven c newman
06-19-2020, 5:22 PM
I put the fancy eggbeater drill to work, today...
Drilling holes through Ash, to install a few handles...no issues...held the drill bit just fine..