PDA

View Full Version : M12v

Herb Kelley
07-10-2003, 6:30 PM
Need some purchase advice for the M12V.
$180 with height adjustment vs $170 without.
Both with the acc. pkg.
Or said another way, is the height adj worth $10?

Thanks.

Hoa Dinh
07-10-2003, 6:46 PM
Will the router be used in a router table? If yes, you'll need the height adjustment. A crank (a plan in Bill Hylton's Router Magic) is better but if you don't get a roundtuit for a while, a knob is usable.

If you're not sure, you don't have to buy the knob now. You can buy it later for $12.95 from MLCS (www.mlcswoodworking.com).

Also, if you have a local Lowes' store, check it out. M12V is $159.99 there.

-- Hoa

Kirk (KC) Constable
07-10-2003, 7:21 PM
I don't think I'd give $10 for the height adjustment thingy it comes with. It's better than nothing I guess, but it's a royal PITA as it is. A crank on it would be a definite improvement.

KC

Jeff Cybulski
07-10-2003, 9:54 PM
If your putting the router in a table then it's worth the $10. I have one on my 12V that stays in the table. I agree, a bit of a PITA to adjust but unless you want to make one yourself it's worth the money.

Good Luck,
Jeff

John Christiansen
07-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Both with the acc. pkg.

Thanks.

Depends on how you intend to use the router.

If it is going to be inverted in a table, then, you will need some kind of adjuster. Until you are ready to spend 89.00 on a "Router Raizer" or a tremendous amount more for some of the other gizmos on the market, then I think 10.00 is a good investment.

I would like to get a "Router Raizer" in my table some day, but i'm in no hurry, as the stock adjusting knob works just fine for now.

Greg Daves
07-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Both with the acc. pkg.

Thanks.
Not sure if you have a Lowe's close by, but they have marked these down to $159 I believe.

I have mine mounted in a Rout-R-Raiser and don't need the height adjustment. If you really need it, I would be more than happy to send you mine.

GD