PDA

View Full Version : Oak Hall Tree (Coat Hanger)

Calvin Hobbs
12-28-2005, 11:10 AM
All,

Since my brother always has something to show every few days (thanks for the pressure Ernie), I figured I would show my latest output.

This a hall tree done for a co-worker who picked it up for a Christmas gift. The wood was Oak salvaged from some salvaged dunnage from a construction site that has been laying in my garage for a long time. Simple finish of oil stain and wipe-on poly.

It was a pretty quick hitter, probably about 9 hrs including finishing. Thanks for the opportunity to post.

Cal

Bruce Page
12-28-2005, 4:08 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif Calvin, that’s a nice hall tree, I really like the base and the warm finish that you gave it.

Ernie Hobbs
12-28-2005, 4:13 PM
Looks nice Calvin. Now, I want to see pictures of that Lowboy you're working on. You should be finished with that by now:)

Jason Tuinstra
12-28-2005, 4:19 PM
Calvin, looks great. Looks like it has a nice spot for the kid's coats as well. Good job.

Jim Becker
12-28-2005, 4:47 PM
Very nice, Calvin!!! Thanks for sharing it...I may need to build one of these someday.

Ernie Hobbs
12-28-2005, 9:19 PM
Now that you've finally posted a picture, it's time you got an avatar. Feel free to use one of these.

Calvin Hobbs
12-29-2005, 8:52 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. It was a fun little project and a couple of $$ helped out with the car needing repair on Tuesday....

Ernie, as for the lowboy, not too much progress I'm sorry to report. The pair of bedside tables are almost complete, however. I have attached a couple of progress pics of the lowboy carvings for your critical eye.

Thanks again everybody,

Cal