PDA

View Full Version : Cutterhead bearing spec for Delta DC-380 planer

Dave Mount
05-22-2020, 4:55 PM
(Never mind, I did some searching and turned up the info. Would have deleted the post but don't see how.)

Wondering if anyone who has replaced these bearings knows the spec so I can order them before I start the teardown. . .

Preferences on brands on sources welcome too. I would like this to be the only time I do this, and I'm not *that* old. . .

Best,

Dave

Bill Dufour
05-22-2020, 8:19 PM
I do not think that is a critical application. Any motor quality or better is fine. I think that is class three or higher. I recommend rubber sealed regardless of manufactures recommendation if the rpm is under 5,000 or so as long as the shaft is over 1/4" or so.
If the installation manual makes no mention of aligning the marks on the bearing races to the shaft and the bore marks class 3 is fine. I am not sure if class 3 bearing are marked for high and low spots anyway.
Bill D.
NTN and SKF have nice websites with lots of information. Probably in multiple languages.

David Kumm
05-22-2020, 8:53 PM
I believe the originals are 6204zz and 6205zz. Because they are relatively small bearings, sealed will work fine as the rpm is much lower than the sealed limits. ABEC 3, normal clearance would be my choice. No benefit to higher precision for that machine. Dave

Dave Mount
05-23-2020, 1:15 PM
Thanks guys.