PDA

View Full Version : Pens For Friends Update

Scott Greaves
07-10-2003, 5:21 PM
Friends,

About a month ago I posted here about the Pens For Friends project. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=2336) It is a worthy project, a method by which everyday heroes in our society can be honored by those of us who have no money, but maybe have some skill with woodturning. Some of us on the Yahoo Penturners Group put this together after the 911 attacks. We choose a group, such as teachers or nurses, and we make pens for them. The group we sponsor does the judging, and prizes are awarded, and then the members of the sponsored group get to keep the pens!

This month we are sponsoring law enforcement in the form of the Bannock County Idaho Sheriff's Department. We have had some nice entries come in, but not nearly enough to get a pen to every member of the Sheriff's Department. So this is an appeal to you for pens! If you've ever wanted to say thanks to a cop, think about sending in a pen. The link above is to my earlier post on this subject, and contains all the information about where to send the pens and all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Scott.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
07-10-2003, 6:05 PM
Friends,

About a month ago I posted here about the Pens For Friends project.

Scott.

I have to apologize ... as I wasn't doing a lot of pens when you first sent the message and it slipped my mind. I'm glad you brought it up again. I will have to force myself to make some (ha) and get them headed your way, probably this weekend. You did say uniforms were dark blue with silver trim, except LT. and above were gold, correct. I'll see what I can do to help. Not concerned with any competition, just want to help out.

Thanks for all you've done to get me hooked!

Scott Greaves
07-11-2003, 11:03 AM
I will have to force myself to make some (ha) and get them headed your way, probably this weekend.

Hi Ron!

Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the officers who will receive these pens! And I appreciate your efforts to join in on this project! Have fun!

Scott.