PDA

View Full Version : Those annoying commercials........

Rob Littleton
12-27-2005, 7:03 PM
While watching the usual Monday Night Football (and Sunday games come to think of it), it occured to me how annoying those beer and car commercials are.

I got to thinking, I have NEVER (and never will) make a decision on what I drive just by a stupid annoying car commercial.

Have you guys EVER been swayed on a decision just by the commercial?

I used to be a drinker and I can tell you, a bunch of horses throwing snow at each other or a court house room with pathetic people arguing never swayed me to buy that beer. Most of what I drank was never on TV.

Anyways, off the rant mode now.........(see what happens after a bad day at work......agh!!!!) Sorry guys.....

Dennis Peacock
12-27-2005, 7:19 PM
I don't buy ANYTHING because of a commercial. Usually don't ever give it a 2nd thought.:)

John Hart
12-27-2005, 7:43 PM
The commercial: A sleek black sportscar gliding alone effortlessly on a winding mountain road...freedom...excitement.

Reality: 15 mph stop and go traffic worrying about someone putting a ding on your brand new car wishing there was a mountain road in your life.

I never buy according to a commercial.

John Bailey
12-27-2005, 7:47 PM
Haven't had a TV in 7 years. What commercials?

John

Paul Prescott
12-27-2005, 8:03 PM
Nope. Commercials are time for a bathroom break or anything else. If I can't find a Consumer Reports review, or some internet reviews, I just hope for the best.

Joe Mioux
12-27-2005, 8:06 PM
Hmm. A Mini-max commercial with some of those Desperate Housewives?!

Ken Garlock
12-27-2005, 8:15 PM
are my complaint:mad: Have you noticed that the commericals at 10 minutes to the hour can last 3 minutes. I want to see the program not some dummy jabbering about some stupid product. The worst part is that most of us are paying to have out intelligence insulted by this inane waste of electricity:eek: :(

The FCC could do the public a service by cleaning up the language and story lines of the programs along with limiting the total commerical time to 3 minutes per 30 minute slot. Of course it will never happen.:rolleyes:

Mark Stutz
12-27-2005, 8:56 PM
Easy solution is...TIVO.:D Haven't watched a commercial since we got it.

Tim Morton
12-27-2005, 9:08 PM
Easy solution is...TIVO.:D Haven't watched a commercial since we got it.

ditto....and when I watch 'live" tv i still find myself trying to past those annoying commericials. i would gladly pay more to avoid commericals...and while we are complaining about things we will never be able to change...worse than commericials(you can surf during them)..is the fact that you buy a nice 35" or larger TV, but you still get a 19" image surrounded by rolling tickers on the bottom and stupid captions ons top....just give me the choice to hide all that crap.....it is 2005 isn't it? Anyone running for president on the "lets clean up all the TV clutter" gets my vote!!!!:mad: :mad:

Curt Harms
12-27-2005, 9:10 PM
I've made a conscious choice to NOT buy something because of an annoying commercial.:mad:

Jim Becker
12-27-2005, 9:28 PM
TIVO? Easier solution...don't watch TV...or watch it rarely. (Only local news and part of GMA in the morning here. Oh...unfortunately PowerRangers at 8:30a these past couple weeks, but that will come to an end next week when the girls get in school. Non-commercial radio for me, too...

As to the ads, they rarely influence me to buy--I mostly find them quite annoying. Once in awhile something in print will make me aware of something, but it was probably something I was already interested in.

Tony Falotico
12-27-2005, 9:45 PM
Have you guys EVER been swayed on a decision just by the commercial?

they rarely influence me to buy-- The reality is they influence me not to buy,

:p The NO GUY on Crapital One -- If they were the last bank on earth I'd keep my $$ in my mattress.

The old Libbys, Libbys, Libbys' on the label, label, label commercial. You'll never see 'em my pantry, pantry, pantry !!

Yes, I have boycotted companies because of their stupid commercials. Do they care ?? NO, individually I'm no loss to them, But IF I can convince the rest of you ...........

Rob Littleton
12-27-2005, 9:49 PM
well, with all the replies, I wonder what the guys that pay millions of dollars for 30 seconds during the superbowl, think they are gaining.......

Im with the rest of you, if it's got a commercial, I aint buying it........

Interesting...........

Jerry Clark
12-27-2005, 10:55 PM
How about this-- "We interrupt these commercials for a few minutes of program" I would never buy anything from a stupid commercial and some I can never understand what they are. :mad: I wonder how much cheaper a product would sell for if there were no advertising. :confused: I did enjoy a program last night on the Dish-- "Best commercials of 2004" -- real funny! :rolleyes:

Stuart Johnson
12-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I once sent an e-mail to Coors saying I thought one of their commercials was irresponsible and morally bankrupt and mocked marriage.

They sent a very polite message back that boiled down to:

"You old farts don't understand our message and we don't care if you buy our beer. We want the young in the know crowd." Of course, they did word it just a tad nicer.

tod evans
12-28-2005, 11:46 AM
just say no to television

Joe Pelonio
12-28-2005, 11:47 AM
I've made a conscious choice to NOT buy something because of an annoying commercial.:mad:
Me too. More so with the really annoying radio commercials with catchy jingles that you can't get out of your head. I make it a point to avoid those products. Also doing a lot of recording good TV shows and watch
later on the DVR to zip thru the commercials. Not that there are all that many good shows these days.

Keith Outten
12-28-2005, 1:07 PM
Most of you probably realize that I am opposed to commercials and advertising at SawMill Creek. The reason is that we are innundated with marketing ads every day all day long and I have always hoped that SMC would be able to remain free of advertising and of sponsors who would influence what we are allowed to say.

Commercials that insult our intelligence are the worst, they are in our face on television, radio, roadside billboards, magazines and even sometimes via planes writing in the sky. Informative commercials I can take...but there are so very few :(