PDA

View Full Version : Canon S100 compact camera....

Chuck Wintle
05-19-2020, 5:43 PM
My camera is a Canon S100. Sometimes the pictures are slightly out of focus or at least they appear to be. How could I test the camera to prove it is wokring correctly or not? :D

Lee Schierer
05-19-2020, 7:46 PM
Place the camera near the edge of a table in an upright position. then place a chair about 3 feet away. hold the camera firmly down against the table with one hand while pressing the shutter release with the other hand. Examine the photo....if it is in focus the problem was probably camera movement by the operator.

Mike Henderson
05-19-2020, 7:53 PM
It's hard to find a compact camera that produces better pictures than modern smartphones. The Samsung and the newer iPhones produce really nice pictures.

Mike

Alan Rutherford
05-20-2020, 3:10 PM
Be sure you're giving it time to focus before you snap a picture.

Frank Pratt
05-20-2020, 4:21 PM
It's hard to find a compact camera that produces better pictures than modern smartphones. The Samsung and the newer iPhones produce really nice pictures.

Mike

So true. I've tossed our old Nikon & Canon point & shoot cameras.

Lee Schierer
05-20-2020, 7:34 PM
Be sure you're giving it time to focus before you snap a picture.

That may be his problem, he is snapping pictures instead o pressing the release button.

Mike Henderson
05-20-2020, 7:54 PM
That may be his problem, he is snapping pictures instead o pressing the release button.

I don't know his camera, but many of the more modern compact cameras are set up to not take the picture until it obtains focus. If you don't "half-press" you can get a lag when you press the release.

Of course, it can obtain focus on the wrong part of the scene.

Mike