PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly stliding table

Roy Wall
12-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to know if there are any opinions about the Griz slider...???

I know many are purchasing the Jessem 7500 - this one is $299 and looks very solid. It fits the 1023 style TS.....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?itemnumber=G4227

Any users of the Griz??

Thanks!

Ed Lang
12-27-2005, 1:54 PM
I bought one and have never installed it. I took it out of the box and looked at it. Heavy duty and seems well built. Just never got around to installing it. It sits in the corner.

Jim Becker
12-27-2005, 1:57 PM
The one thing about the Griz is that it will not work with a left-tilt saw. Right-tilt only. The JessEm, I believe works with both, but check the specs.

Rick Lizek
12-27-2005, 2:15 PM
You might consider the Exactor or Excalibur. More money but you can work 4' x 8' sheet stock. The Grizzly is a bit small. The plus side of the Grizzly is you can use a mobile base on the saw, the Ext, or Exc, you cannot, but you can mount them on a left tilt. There's a few other more expensive options.

Burt Waddell
12-27-2005, 2:23 PM
Delta Makes one that is almost identical. I had the Delta and used it for a couple of years. I had a hard time keeping it adjusted and the capacity was very limited. Sold it and bought an excaliber. The Excaliber is a great tool. Good capacity and almost never needed adjustment. It costs considerably more than the Grizzly but it is worth every penny of it.