PDA

View Full Version : PC4212 Dovetail jig

Ron Fritz
12-27-2005, 11:30 AM
For those who may be interested in the PC4212 Dovetail jig, here’s a quick mini review on the dovetail jig and the PC690LRVS router that I received for Christmas. I have never made dovetails before, so I was a little eager to see how the jig and router would work. The PC4212 feels heavy duty and appears to be very well made. The instructions are well written and easy to follow. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make through and half blind dovetails. The attached pictures are the results of my 1<SUP>st</SUP> attempt using just scrap pine. I am also more than pleased with how the router performed. :D Ron

Ken Fitzgerald
12-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Ron.....Looks pretty good to me. I've got the earlier version of that and it satisfies my needs.

Larry Browning
12-27-2005, 1:09 PM
For those who may be interested in the PC4212 Dovetail jig, here’s a quick mini review on the dovetail jig and the PC690LRVS router that I received for Christmas. I have never made dovetails before, so I was a little eager to see how the jig and router would work. The PC4212 feels heavy duty and appears to be very well made. The instructions are well written and easy to follow. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make through and half blind dovetails. The attached pictures are the results of my 1<sup>st</sup> attempt using just scrap pine. I am also more than pleased with how the router performed. :D Ron Ron,
I also received the same jig for Christmas. However I already have a Milwaukee router, so all I needed was an different sub-base. The sub-base for my router was back ordered, so I am stuck until that gets here. I think I will look for one at HD today at noon so maybe I can play tonight.:)

tom blankenship
12-27-2005, 2:27 PM
Greetings, I also received this jig recently. I too have never cut dovetails previously. My results were very good. This is a satisfying product. Are the dovetail bits for this jig available?

Scott Donley
12-27-2005, 3:10 PM
Greetings, I also received this jig recently. I too have never cut dovetails previously. My results were very good. This is a satisfying product. Are the dovetail bits for this jig available? You can order them from Woodcraft (http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID=2277&FamilyID=5279)