PDA

View Full Version : Free Bessey's at Amazon

Alden Miller
12-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, after my dissapointment with Timberline Woodworking I figured I'd check out Amazon again and see if they still had the Bessey's on sale. They do, I also found that if you order two Bessey's of certain sizes you can get a free 24" Bessey.

Order two of any of the following:

Bessey K3.531 31" Max Opening K-Body Clamp
Bessey K3.540 40" Max Opening K-Body Clamp
Bessey K3.550 50" Max Opening K-Body Clamp
Bessey K3.560 60" Max Opening K-Body Clamp
Bessey K3.582 82" Max Opening K-Body Clamp
Bessey K3.598 98" Max Opening K-Body Clamp

Add a 24" Bessey and put this coupon code in at checkout. FREECLAMPQ45 The cost of the 24" clamp is deducted from the bill.

When all is said and done it came out to be a better deal than Timberline.

-Alden

Marc Langille
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Alden,

Thanks for the heads up - my order for 4x 98" Besseys fell through at Timberline, but I did get the 4x 60" clamps from them.

It's too bad you can only order 2 clamps and get that promo... so I created an account for my wife and got the $24.99 discount on your first order at Amazon.... :)

Another 2x 98" clamps on the way with another "free" 24" Bessey... and some 17" fire retardent oven mitts - she thought it was funny... :D :D

Marc

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2005, 1:03 PM
Alden,

Thanks for the heads up - my order for 4x 98" Besseys fell through at Timberline, but I did get the 4x 60" clamps from them.

Marc

Marc, the deal for the 98" Besseys fell through? Did you not order them in time or are they not delivering them for some reason? I ordered 4 myself and am hoping they'll arrive this week.

Alden Miller
12-27-2005, 1:13 PM
Gary, you'd better give them a call. I'm trying to get my money back from Timberline. They cancelled my order saying the Bessey's are discontinued. I checked their website and they aren't offering them at all. Called them and all they have done is take my number and said they'd call. Still haven't seen a credit on my bank account.

-Alden

Chris Dodge
12-27-2005, 1:30 PM
Alden,

Another 2x 98" clamps on the way with another "free" 24" Bessey... and some 17" fire retardent oven mitts - she thought it was funny... :D :D

Marc

I did the same thing though my wife is not getting the oven mitts. She'll have to make do with the clamps.

Chris

Marc Langille
12-27-2005, 1:39 PM
Gary, you'd better give them a call. I'm trying to get my money back from Timberline. They cancelled my order saying the Bessey's are discontinued. I checked their website and they aren't offering them at all. Called them and all they have done is take my number and said they'd call. Still haven't seen a credit on my bank account.

-Alden

Alden: Used my Visa check card, and it's been posted as a credit. Total turn around was 2-3 business days from the time it was cancelled....:)

Gary: I guess I ordered them too late - about 2-3 days after placing the order I received an e-mail notifying me of the cancellation of the order.

Positive note is that they were quick on the refund to my checking account. I found that regular CC refunds can sometimes take weeks...:eek:

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2005, 1:43 PM

-Alden

Oh good. I just left talked to somebody there. Jeff - their internet guy, is supposed to be calling me back. I'll give them a day or two, then I guess I'll have to start getting nasty.

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2005, 2:38 PM
Posted this in the original thread too. My order arrived today. Sorry for you guys that had problems. Maybe I got my order in before they ran out?

Barry O'Mahony
12-27-2005, 3:13 PM
Used my Visa check cardFYI, using "fake credit cards" for mail order can be dangerous. With real credit cards, you have alot of guaranteed protections under Federal Law for things like fraud, theft, and disputes with merchants; basically, the most you'll be out is $50. None of these laws apply to check cards. The only protection you have is the good-will of the businesses involved. Conceivably, yuo could find your checking account wiped out one day, and be facing a long argument with the bank in attempt to get it back. Personally, while I use these cards in the store, I'd never give the number out to anyone.

Marc Langille
12-27-2005, 3:16 PM
My 60" Besseys arrived today! So far, no problems working with them...

Alden, I hope everything works out OK...

Marc Langille
12-27-2005, 3:24 PM
FYI, using "fake credit cards" for mail order can be dangerous. With real credit cards, you have alot of guaranteed protections under Federal Law for things like fraud, theft, and disputes with merchants; basically, the most you'll be out is $50. None of these laws apply to check cards. The only protection you have is the good-will of the businesses involved. Conceivably, yuo could find your checking account wiped out one day, and be facing a long argument with the bank in attempt to get it back. Personally, while I use these cards in the store, I'd never give the number out to anyone.

Good points - generally I don't use it online, but it depends on the retailer.

Visa check covers all losses, but the unwanted hassle of collecting your money is NOT fun...:mad:

I definitely will keep your suggestion in mind for the future... CC only!!

Barry O'Mahony
12-27-2005, 4:49 PM
i just remember another alternative - set up a checking account just for things like e-Bay and mail order, get a card linked only to that account, and keep a minimum amount of maney in it. LOML has this (her "e-Bay account").

Richard Blaine
12-28-2005, 4:07 AM
I contacted Timberline to see if I could get in on the deal. I had seen the price one night, but hadn't had a chance to act. The next day the deal was off.

I received a quick, polite reply stating that the price could not be extended since shipping was killing them.

From this thread, it sounds like they pulled the plug on people who got in under the wire. So I guess it wouldn't have mattered if I had ordered immediately.

I just ordered two 98's and a 24 for $100 from Amazon. Not quite as good as a deal as the Timberline sale (about $77 for the two 98's,) but still a pretty darn good price when you count the free 24.

Alden Miller
12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, the money showed up.

They didn't return my calls but the money showed back up in my account today. I am still writing them off as a company I will do business with.

-Alden

Mark Rios
12-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Alden, the Timberline ad states that the sale prices are good through the 31st. Amazon will price match plus 10%, and free shipping, if you still want the clamps. Mine are being delivered today. :D

Richard Blaine
12-29-2005, 1:57 AM
Alden, the Timberline ad states that the sale prices are good through the 31st. Amazon will price match plus 10%, and free shipping, if you still want the clamps. Mine are being delivered today. :D

Where did you get the ad from? K-clamps no longer show up on their website? If it was mailed to you, can you scan it and pm a copy? I'd sure like to get 2 more 98's at $32 each :D :D .

Mark Rios
12-29-2005, 2:12 AM
On the main web page. It says "December Sale". Immediately to the right of those words is three thumbnails of the flyer. Click on the middle one. The K-bodies are in the lower right corner.

From other posts I've read, it seems that Timberline has run out of the clamps. I just checked Amazon and the say that the 98" are unavailable at this time. I'd call them and see if you could order them now and have them shipped when they get them.

Below the pricing and shipping information on a tool page there is a tan or yellowish box that says "Lowest Prices Guarenteed". Click on the link that says "match". It will give you a page with the phone number for Amazon/Tool Crib.

Boy, that 40% off at the brick-and-mortor Woodcraft sure is a good deal. Even with sales tax. Cost me about $13 in gas to get to the nearest store and back. But then I might have to use that 25% off coupon. :D :D :D

Richard Blaine
12-29-2005, 2:57 AM
Thanks Mark.