PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors brought us a picture

Tom M King
05-07-2020, 5:41 PM
They were walking on the road behind our pastures, and snapped this. This is a back corner, that I let grow up to block the view of the only house we could otherwise see from our house. Both these horses were born here. The little stream is fed by a spring. Water runs out of the ground all around this part of the country. Many of these make a river.

Steve Jenkins
05-07-2020, 5:45 PM
Man that is beautiful

Paul F Franklin
05-07-2020, 5:54 PM
Beautiful! Worth framing for sure.

Lee Schierer
05-07-2020, 6:03 PM
That picture deserves a nice walnut frame.

Tom M King
05-07-2020, 6:15 PM
I've ordered a couple of different sizes of mounted prints online, to see how well it blows up. It's 1.7MB, so should do okay. Frame will wait on final size of print, and mat.

lowell holmes
05-07-2020, 6:15 PM
I just put ink in my Photosmart Printer, so I downloaded the picture and printed it.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-07-2020, 6:25 PM
Nice photo Tom. Gorgeous country!

Mel Fulks
05-07-2020, 6:59 PM
Quite "painterly ". Really lovely scene . The subtle spots of light on the horses... No poison ivy showing !

Jerry Thompson
05-07-2020, 7:37 PM
I have been doing photography for 40 years and I see that a one great shot. Great color, depth of field and composition.

Michael Weber
05-07-2020, 9:10 PM
That looks like an idealized very detailed painting. Don’t know how else to describe it. It’s beautiful.

Mark Rainey
05-07-2020, 10:15 PM
Idyllic - thanks for sharing Tom.

Barry McFadden
05-08-2020, 10:32 AM
First of all, this is a great picture..... beautiful setting and composition... the one small issue for me is the brightness of the field just up from the center which tends to draw my eye there... I hope you don't mind but I did a small adjustment to tone it down a bit and now my eye is drawn to the horses... just my liking and hope you don't mind the fact that I messed with it....

Frank Pratt
05-08-2020, 11:00 AM
First of all, this is a great picture..... beautiful setting and composition... the one small issue for me is the brightness of the field just up from the center which tends to draw my eye there... I hope you don't mind but I did a small adjustment to tone it down a bit and now my eye is drawn to the horses... just my liking and hope you don't mind the fact that I messed with it....

That was my thinking as well. Tom, do your neighbors per chance have the .raw file of this? It's worthy of a little post processing and quality printing and framing. Beautiful scene.

Tom M King
05-08-2020, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure about a raw file. It was taken with her phone, and full size is 1.7 mb.

If anyone would have asked me what the least photogenic spot is at our place, I would have said this grown up back corner of a pasture.

Frank Pratt
05-08-2020, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure about a raw file. It was taken with her phone, and full size is 1.7 mb.

If anyone would have asked me what the least photogenic spot is at our place, I would have said this grown up back corner of a pasture.

That won't be a raw file & isn't even very high resolution, which is a shame because it's an exceptional photo otherwise. On the other hand, you could use that low res image & still have a gorgeous framed print. There are lots of filters that will give it a nice art look.

Jim Koepke
05-08-2020, 1:58 PM
A very pleasing image.

jtk

Tom M King
05-08-2020, 5:00 PM
Here's a 15 year old picture, looking at that spot from the other direction. The little stream is down in that bottom, next to the road. The stream flows through a culvert under the road. The road is built up because the stream gets pretty high sometimes. I let that area grow up to block the view of that house on the other side of the road.

The lady who took the picture was walking on that road, so looking down on the fence in the forground.

That's a creek behind our house. The main lake is on the other side-sunset in avatar off point.

http://starbornhavanese.com/images/DSCN7054.JPG