PDA

View Full Version : Making a Wahoo Board

Mike Henderson
05-06-2020, 11:52 PM
I've made a bunch of these Wahoo boards (also called Aggravation) and each time I expected it was the last time I'd make them. But I keep getting asked to make more. So I decided to do one and record the steps that go into making one. You can see the tutorial here (http://www.mikes-woodwork.com/WahooBoard-01.htm).

Since I was doing this just to do the tutorial, I used cheap lumber - construction grade. I've made them from much nicer wood, including ambrosia maple, cherry, walnut, even pine.

Anyway, take a look at the process. It's more involved than you would think. I'll add a picture of one of the boards in figured cherry so you can see how they look in a nicer wood.

Mike

432408 432409

Steve Eure
05-07-2020, 7:31 AM
Oh how I remember that game. Nicely done Mike. Very time consuming. I wonder how many guys will chime in about using a CNC to do the dimples. Not quite as satisfying that way though. Again, nice job.

Lee Schierer
05-07-2020, 7:33 AM
Nice looking boards. Making games is fun. I made this two sided game board using 1/4" oak veneer plywood spaced apart to make a built in marble storage. I used a drill press and countersink bit for the marble divots.432416432417