PDA

View Full Version : The REST of the story!

Dale Thompson
12-27-2005, 12:16 AM
For those of you who participated in my recent poll, "What would YOU do?",

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27795

this is the REST of the story.

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I ordered the Fein 14.4 volt cordless drill from Coastal Tools for the GREAT price of $85. With shipping, it came to $92.50. A few days later my wife was out shopping and I was about to leave the house to help a friend with moving some furniture. The delivery man came and handed me a package which advertised the Fein Combo Pack for $399. The additional tool was the Fein Detail Sander. I knew that this was an error but by the time that I got home, the box was wrapped and under the tree. If you folks knew how carefully and patiently my wife wraps presents, you would realize that if had opened the "present", I would have spent Christmas, New Years and perhaps even Easter in a homeless shelter in a galaxy far, far away! ;)

Anyway, I knew that I had some time so I posted my poll. Thank you all for responding! :)

Anyway, on Christmas morning, I unwrapped the box and presented my entire family with my "moral" dilema! As bad luck would have it, my daughter is a part-time music minister in a VERY large Baptist church and my son is not far behind in his faith. My daughter's response was, "But daaaad, you have to AT LEAST call them. Maybe something good will happen." :) My son asked, "Dad, how are you going to feel making toys for you grankids with "STOLEN" tools?". :confused: DRAT!! I thought that I raised my kids to know BETTER than to respond like that!! :o :o

The bottom line is: I didn't open the actual box until this morning. The drill that I had ordered and paid for was tucked warmly between a number of those air filled "packing" baloons. THERE WAS NO TRACE OF THE DETAIL SANDER!!! WHEW!!!

HMMMM? What WOULD I have done? The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Whatever, my fondest wish is that ALL of you had a happy and joyous Christmas, holliday or wherever else your faith or beliefs lead you. :)

Dale T.

Frank Chaffee
12-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Well Dale,
Drat the luck!

Just when you were so primed to do the right thing… and didn’t even get the chance.

Reminds me of when I come upon a speed trap and am not speeding (too much), and I wave my arms wildly and point to my speedo, hoping the officer will take note of my oh so goodness, and maybe give me credit the next time I meet him.

I hope that this was just a dry run for you, and the next time your delivery is a Euro-combo.

Tee hee hee. Then we’ll watch you wince in pain as you stretch your moral fibers.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
12-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Dale....and the kids are proud of you ....and you'll sleep better tonight!

John Bailey
12-27-2005, 6:43 AM
Did good with the kids Dale.

John

Dave Richards
12-27-2005, 6:58 AM
Wow, Dale, that sander just disappeared from the box to save you the dilemma? :D Well, I know you would have done the right thing if the sander had been in the box.

Wait a minute! Maybe you did get the sander. Just wrap a bit of sandpaper around one of those packing balloons. :D

scott spencer
12-27-2005, 7:16 AM
This was a test, only a test. If this had been a real temptation you would have passed with flying colors! :)

Richard Wolf
12-27-2005, 8:00 AM
So Dale, someone stole the detail sander out of the box before you opened it??

Richard

Keith Starosta
12-27-2005, 9:26 AM

Richard

LOL!!! Richard, that's exactly what I was going to bang out until I read your post. :D

Merry Christmas!!

- Keith

Frank Hagan
12-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Richard

I'm thinking it was the son-in-law!

Larry Fox
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
...speed trap and am not speeding (too much), and I wave my arms wildly and point to my speedo, hoping the officer will take note of my oh so goodness....

Frank, you must be better looking than myself because waving my arms and pointing towards my speedo (under any circumstances) would get me nothing but arrested. :)

BTW: I know it was a typo - just having a little fun. Hope you don't mind. :D

Frank Chaffee
12-27-2005, 2:17 PM
Larry,
ROFL
Frank