PDA

View Full Version : A new convert

Tony Sizemore
12-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I have been one of the guy’s here that has been trying to save penny anyplace I could. I was given a Oneway Talon chuck for Xmas. I would have never spent that much on my self. I have been using Penn States Utility Chuck and had been very happy with it until today. I can not believe the difference in the performance. I still think that if you are starting out and want to get your feet dirty the cheaper chuck is a nice start but, I can also tell you that there is a difference. I hope you all had a great Xmas. I did.
On a side note I have a post that I will put up in the next day or two that may interest some of you. I have built a shop made surface sander and it works great!!!!! I will post some shots and the finally coast but it is under $100 for me, but I had the motor.

Ernie Nyvall
12-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Welcome Tony. Can't wait to see the sander, but what about what you are turning? Let's see it.:D

Ernie

Gary DeWitt
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Gotta agree with you there about the Talon. I have one and I really like it, altho the next chuck I get will be dovetail. I think it may mar the piece less. I'm interested in that sander as well.

Bill Stevener
12-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Ernie ------------ is that you?????????????:)
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Andy Hoyt
12-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Yup. Gotta love those Oneway chucks. I have a Talon and Stronghold and feel awkward with anything else.

Yeah! What's up with Ernie? Time warp, huh. Well as long as everyone else is doffing their holiday hatware, suppose I will too. This one goes way way back. Yesterday.

John Hart
12-27-2005, 6:47 AM
I try to save all my pennies too Tony. Makes the whole journey more interesting, in my humble opinion. Looking forward to Pics!

Keith Burns
12-27-2005, 8:16 AM
Aren't new tools a blessing. Makes you wonder how you ever got along without them.

Joe Breid
12-27-2005, 9:03 AM
Don't you just hate it when a new tool is so much better than what you have!!! It makes you look at the rest of your tools and think I wonder if...??

Jim Becker
12-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Yea, I love my Talon, too...even though I now have a big lathe, I still use it for most of my chucking since I have a full assortment of jaw sets. That means I only need to buy a big chuck with one set of big jaws if I decide I need that capacity. So far...I haven't.

I also like the jaw configuration of the OneWay chucks. You don't need a precise angle on a tenon or in a recess to use them and the searated jaws hold really well. I've had things "explode", but never have I had something come out of the chuck jaws.

Ernie Nyvall
12-27-2005, 5:22 PM
Ernie ------------ is that you?????????????:)
Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Yup

ernie