PDA

View Full Version : Extension Wing for 10" Delta Saw

Jarrod Nelson
12-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I was thinking of a new router table. What would really work out well is if I could replace one of my stamped table saw wings with a cast iron wing that I could mount a router under.

Has anyone seen anything like this for a 10" Delta Contractor saw. It sure would beef up my table saw, plus make a good router table, plus save space.

Thanks,
Jarrod

Rob Will
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I wonder if you could mount a steel angle front and rear and replace the right side table with thick MDF or a laminate? Thus, make your own?
Rob

Frank Chaffee
12-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Jarrod,
I have the very wing of which you speak on my Delta contractor’s saw, and I am replacing it with a Woodpecker lift.

PM me if you are interested.

Frank

Jim Becker
12-27-2005, 10:30 AM
BenchDog makes a cast iron "router" wing...I don't know if it's sized for a contractors' style saw or is cabinet saw only.

Ed Frie
12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I have a 10" Delta contractor saw and bought the Benchdog router extension wing. It is a direct bolt on, lines up beautifully and works like a charm. You get a large (saw table top) work area and can use either the router table fence or your tablesaw fence. I am very pleased with it.
By the way, I am a new guy here. I have been reading the forum for sometime and had registered a while ago, but never had enough expertise to contribute anything important. When I wanted to post this answer I found out that my registration wasn't complete. It took a couple of days to straighten that out.
Anyway...I hope the above info about the benchdog helped.:)

James Boster
12-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a delta unisaw so I'm not sure if this will work for you or not. I took one of the cast iron extension wings off my saw several years ago and had a flat machined on the bottom with hole through. Remounted on my saw and that has been my router table for about ten years now with no complaints. I'm not sure if a cast iron extension wing from a unisaw will work on a contractor saw or not but it may be worth the try. The other methods above may be cheaper though. I had 'buddy" do mine for me so there was no cost involved.;) I have seen cast iron extension wings for sale on several occasions and may even have one myself if your interested.

Evan Gamblin
11-07-2015, 9:35 PM
Just finished adapting one of these to fit a 10-in Delta Contractor's saw (40+ yrs old):
http://www.busybeetools.com/products/router-table-castiron-for-cx200-craftex.html

(Busy Bee is Canadian, but the router table is made in China, so no doubt has a US importer).

This table is meant for their own table saw. To adapt it for my saw, I had to:
- dowel & bolt the router table to the saw table,
- drill the saw's guide rails (front & back) to take one bolt each into the router table
- drill the side of the router table for these.

Bruce Wrenn
11-07-2015, 9:50 PM
ShopNotes / Woodsmith did and article a couple years back about replacing LEFT wing with a shop made router table. By using left side, feed direction is same as saw. It's on my "bucket list."

Tim Janssen
11-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Grizzly shows two versions in their catalogue

Tim

Bruce Page
11-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Just so everyone is aware, this is a 10 year old thread. ;)