PDA

View Full Version : Water Fountain

Perry Holbrook
12-26-2005, 9:09 PM
I made a couple of these fountains for my daughters for Christmas. I took the pictures in a hurry but thery're good enough to get the idea of how they looked. The legs were out of 12/4 wormy maple, the shelf and fountain base are hammered copper, and the fountain itself is a glass sink and glass bowl. There is a light source under the sink to give it a "glowing" look.

For those of you that don't know, I work in at least 3 media in my studio(s) and try to mix them in all my work. (This year I'll be adding clay and steel to the mix). I think they turned out OK, but they will probably be one of a kinds, not sure I want to sell them at shows or to galleries.

The second pic is how the fountain looks in the dark. I think the girls will probably use them as nite lights.

Thanks for looking. Perry

Ken Fitzgerald
12-26-2005, 9:13 PM
Perry......I wished I had 1% of your talent! Those would sell themselves in any type of sales setting! Fantastic work! I always look forward to your postings!

Mark Rios
12-26-2005, 9:20 PM
Boy-o-boy! That sure is nice. I saw a thread recently where the main post was asking what he purpose of having a jigsaw AND a bandsaw. This is why a shop needs a bandsaw.

Nice and clean Perry. WTG.