PDA

View Full Version : RINVOQ Commercial, Glaring Error

Bruce Wrenn
04-29-2020, 9:18 PM
If you watched much TV lately, most likely you have seen the RINVOQ commercial where the woman actor photographs horses. There is a glaring error in this commercial. Have you seen it? Do you know what it is? Look at commercial very carefully. I'll post the answer in a couple days

Jim Koepke
04-30-2020, 1:16 AM
Haven't seen it, does she leave the lens cap on?

jtk

Lisa Starr
04-30-2020, 6:56 AM
Don't have a television (gave 'em away in 2000), so nope...haven't seen it. No guess for me

Frederick Skelly
04-30-2020, 7:08 AM
Havent seen it either. Dont know what a RINVOQ is.

Grant Wilkinson
04-30-2020, 8:23 AM
I didn't know what rinvoq is and I hadn't seen the commercial. However, I was curious, so I just watched it online. The lens cap is off, so that's not it. She is standing the bed of a moving pickup. Maybe that's it. Also, she does not keep a Covid-free distance from the horse. In my province, she could be arrested for that.

Tom M King
04-30-2020, 9:00 AM
Haven't watched it closely, but a guess would be one of the wild horses has a halter on.

Lee DeRaud
04-30-2020, 10:51 AM
I'm assuming RINVOQ is some sort of prescription med, so there are (at least) two reasons I haven't watched the ad:
1. It's probably on during the evening news, which I've been avoiding like the plague, pun intended.
2. For all other TV, I fast-forward through the ads anyway. (You can have my DVR when you pry it from my dead cold hands.)

Lee DeRaud
04-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Haven't watched it closely, but a guess would be one of the wild horses has a halter on.And/or they're shod.

Frank Pratt
04-30-2020, 10:59 AM
TV, as in network TV? I haven't watched that in many years & have no idea what RINVOQ is.

Bruce Wrenn
04-30-2020, 8:34 PM
I didn't know what rinvoq is and I hadn't seen the commercial. However, I was curious, so I just watched it online. The lens cap is off, so that's not it. She is standing the bed of a moving pickup.

Closest to the answer of anyone yet.

Tom Stenzel
05-01-2020, 1:30 AM
It's only shown for a second but is that a left handed camera? I couldn't see a shutter release on the right side. There wasn't a camera name I could see to find if it was a mirror image.

-Tom

Rob Luter
05-01-2020, 6:44 AM
Or is it a left handed chase vehicle?

John K Jordan
05-01-2020, 7:01 AM
If you watched much TV lately, most likely you have seen the RINVOQ commercial where the woman actor photographs horses. There is a glaring error in this commercial. Have you seen it? Do you know what it is? Look at commercial very carefully. I'll post the answer in a couple days

I haven't watched TV in about 15 years so I'm clueless. However, I have horses and often photograph my own. While waiting for the answer to the quiz, here are some pictures for those who like horses:

The mare on the left is expressing her feelings about the new horse on the right. The gelding in the middle has been blind for over 15 years.

This is what you do with a blind horse.

This girl is the best trainer I know:
431876 431878

Yikes, someone took a picture of me. That's rare...

JKJ

Frederick Skelly
05-01-2020, 7:18 AM
Great pics John!

Bill Dufour
05-01-2020, 7:50 AM
The obvious answer is to imply that horses are natural and belong in America. That they are not killing off native species by eating their food. I suppose the logical extension is that people who need this drug should be chased down by helicopters, survival of the fittest you know?
Bill D

Bill Dufour
05-01-2020, 7:53 AM
Her sledge hammer was much to heavy for practical use in thin drywall and I noticed armored cable attached to plastic boxes.
I watched online and noticed the lens mount is counterclockwise to install which seems unlikely. The scene of someone hammering a nail into a stud towards their foot made me cringe when I first saw it. I assume the Bronco? is right hand drive.
Bill D

Bill Dufour
05-01-2020, 8:00 AM
The horses are not practicing social distancing. Probably borrowed from the Bronx zoo.
Bil lD

Tom M King
05-01-2020, 8:37 AM
Hard to cut with a Sawzall blade with no teeth, too.

Edwin Santos
05-01-2020, 11:24 AM
The grip is on the right side of the camera when she is attaching the lens, and then magically it is on the left side of the camera when she is shooting. So it's either not the same camera or they've reversed the images in some of the shots.

I think they're just different cameras.
Edwin

Bob Turkovich
05-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Re: reversing images. In the opening shot the steering wheel is on the left side. In the closing shot, it is on the right.

Michael Weber
05-01-2020, 11:50 AM
I have just got to start watching more and actually paying attention to tv commercials.

Rob Luter
05-01-2020, 4:15 PM
Re: reversing images. In the opening shot the steering wheel is on the left side. In the closing shot, it is on the right.

Yup. That makes me crazy. Like every time I see a photo of Duane Allman playing guitar left handed.

Bruce Wrenn
05-01-2020, 8:38 PM

Bingo, we have a winner. The first time I saw this commercial, I thought maybe I was seeing things. But after watching again (most evenings during M.A.S.H.) I knew I wasn't just seeing things. Maybe while she was petting horse, driver was changing steering wheel to other side of the old Chevy Blazer. Somebody should have caught this, but I missed the part about the camera handle changing sides. Too busy trying to figure out the steering wheel changing sides.

Tom Stenzel
05-02-2020, 1:47 AM

Obviously they started shooting the ad in the USA and finished shooting it in Australia. Those are kangaroos in the final scene right? :rolleyes:

-Tom

Barry McFadden
05-02-2020, 9:50 AM
I have just got to start watching more and actually paying attention to tv commercials.

A pet peeve of mine is all the commercials today that must be written by people that have no idea what they are doing. There are commercials that have obvious errors (such as the one in this thread) and ones that the content just doesn't make sense. I continually point them out when they come on (much to the dismay of the family who are getting tired of listening to me!!)

Jim Koepke
05-02-2020, 11:03 AM

Sometimes we watch some of the better made commercials for the appreciation of quality.

Most of the time we prerecord everything so we can zip through commercials. It is kind of nice to shave 15 minutes off of every programming hour.

jtk

Brian Elfert
05-02-2020, 6:26 PM
Most of the time we prerecord everything so we can zip through commercials. It is kind of nice to shave 15 minutes off of every programming hour.

This. I can count on one hand the number of times I have watched live TV at home and had to deal with commercials. I have a Tivo and record everything.

Bruce Wrenn
05-02-2020, 9:13 PM
The Bronco is a Chevy Blazer.