PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Arbor Flange...help me locate

Lisa Starr
04-28-2020, 7:35 AM
I need to replace the outer arbor flange on my Table Saw. The original is a stamped part. I'd like to replace it with a machined version, but don't know which brands to search to get that. Do you folks have any suggestions on where to start with this.

My saw has the typical 5/8" dia arbor with the left hand thread, if that matters.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lisa

Jim Andrew
04-28-2020, 8:00 AM
I would call Grizzly, they sell the same machines as other brands, and they ship parts for their own and other brands.

Lisa Starr
04-28-2020, 8:05 AM
Thanks Jim. They only offer a stamped flange and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Joe Bradshaw
04-28-2020, 8:35 AM
Lisa, you have a machine shop. You could whip out one in a few minutes.
Joe

Eugene Dixon
04-28-2020, 9:12 AM
Take some measurements. Explore McMaster Carr. They will have machined washers. If you look at their saw blades and accessories, you might get lucky and find some machined flanges/stabilizers

Mike Kees
04-28-2020, 9:41 AM
Lisa, you have a machine shop. You could whip out one in a few minutes.
Joe
What Joe said.

glenn bradley
04-28-2020, 11:11 AM
Thanks Jim. They only offer a stamped flange and I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

Hmmm, couldn't you research the part # for a machined flange on one of their cabinet saws and order that part? Just an idea. Maybe a Griz cab saw owner here could share a pic of their arbor flange(?).

Bill Dufour
04-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Look at ebay for blade washer or blade stabilizer. I was just looking the other day for a 1+1/8 bore one. I will probably have to bore out a 1" bore one. The bore is not supercritical as far as centering or finished diameter. The bore for the blade is more critical. Since I have a lathe I will probably just single point the bore.
Bill D

Lisa Starr
04-28-2020, 12:30 PM
Thanks all. Bill gave me the search term I really needed. As soon as I used "stabilizer" I found exactly what was needed. I could have easily machined one, but this was a much cheaper answer.

Again, thanks too everyone that responded.

Bill Dufour
04-29-2020, 12:00 AM
This virus vacation is giving me lots of time to waste onlne. I spent more buying tools to work on my "new' tablesaw then the saw cost. I had to make a new arbor extension with left hand threads so dies and taps, 6+3/8 hole saw for the dust collection, arbor wrench, etc. I only paid $10 an inch for the saw. A delta 12/14 tablesaw. Lucky I already had the single phase motor.
Bil lD