PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Jig Saw Blades

Jim Fancher
12-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 1591 jig saw and was looking at the different blades. What should I look for? I have no bandsaw at the moment, so the saw will be used for mdf templates, rough cutouts in plywood, etc.

Jim Becker
12-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I think you need to start out with an assortment of blades to find out what works best for you. I did that when I bought my Festool jigsaw and the experimentation has been quite useful as I get to know the tool more and more. Strangely enough, I use the coarser (and heavier) blades a lot more than I expected.

Jim Fancher
12-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I think you need to start out with an assortment of blades to find out what works best for you. I did that when I bought my Festool jigsaw and the experimentation has been quite useful as I get to know the tool more and more. Strangely enough, I use the coarser (and heavier) blades a lot more than I expected.

Great idea. I have the assortment in my cart, but I started wondering if there were any preferred blades out there. I'll just find out what *I* prefer. :D

Thanks Jim!

Steve Clardy
12-26-2005, 1:10 PM
I like the heavier, coarser tooth blades for fast cutting.

Dan Forman
12-26-2005, 5:01 PM
Get a metal cutting blade or two, and maybe one for plastics. Here is a useful link for Bosch blades, with description of use for each blade. Might want to print out their chart and keep with your blades for reference.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/bosch/jigsaw-blades.htm?L+coastest+ldjq4123ff748d74+1135636256

Dan

Jim Fancher
12-27-2005, 12:41 AM
Get a metal cutting blade or two, and maybe one for plastics. Here is a useful link for Bosch blades, with description of use for each blade. Might want to print out their chart and keep with your blades for reference.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/bosch/jigsaw-blades.htm?L+coastest+ldjq4123ff748d74+1135636256

Dan

Thanks Dan!

Howard Rosenberg
12-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I use MDF for lots of things.

If you're making remplates and don't want to get into lots of handsanding and filing, use Bosch finetooth metal cutting blades on MDF.

Smoooooth.

HTH.
Howard

Jim Fancher
12-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I use MDF for lots of things.

If you're making remplates and don't want to get into lots of handsanding and filing, use Bosch finetooth metal cutting blades on MDF.

Smoooooth.

HTH.
Howard

Excellent tip, Howard. Thanks!!

I placed my order a few minutes ago for the Bosch 1591, Bosch Colt and the 13 pc. Bosch Spade Bit kit. I'll swing by the Borg and look at their selection of jig saw blades in person.

Mike Lawler
12-28-2005, 12:59 PM
one of the WW mags in a recent jigsaw comparison used the Bosch blades on each jigsaw becasuue they felt they were supeiror to most of the blades out there.

Roger H.
12-30-2005, 12:46 PM
While you're at it, pick up a package of the clear plastic inserts that snap into the saw baseplate. They reduce top side splintering on plywood, considerably.

Dave Sweeney
12-30-2005, 1:43 PM
For cutting wood, definately give the Bosch T234 Progressor blade a try. By far, it's the best jigsaw blade I've ever used.

tod evans
12-30-2005, 1:48 PM
i buy the 234 blades 50 in a pack to save a few bucks, they are good blades, but no blade will "do it all"........02 tod

Jim Fancher
12-30-2005, 2:43 PM
While you're at it, pick up a package of the clear plastic inserts that snap into the saw baseplate. They reduce top side splintering on plywood, considerably.

They are on my list. I'm looking at the dust collection kit as well.