PDA

View Full Version : Offset wrenches

David Wilson
12-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas.

LOML got me a Woodpeckers router lift for Christmas and I am in need of an offset wrench for changing bits above the table. I.m sure I have seen them on the net but can't seem to find them. Looking for one for a Hitachi MV12. Anyone know of any sources. Thanks.

Jim Becker
12-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Um...mine came from Woodpeckers... :D ...but it was for the PC7518.

Jeff Fritzson
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
That is the only one Woodpecker's does not carry or at least did not carry (M12V). If you call them they will give you the name of the company where I bought mine (a while ago and have not used them for anything else.) The wrench was shipped right away and it was an easy company to deal with. It works great and makes the bit change a snap.

Jeff

Steve Clardy
12-26-2005, 1:09 PM
I just used my torch and bent one to fit.

Bob Wingard
12-26-2005, 3:06 PM
Here ya' go .. .. ..

http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/products.asp?ID=184

John Miliunas
12-26-2005, 3:18 PM
David, give Woodpeck a call. I just double-checked and that's where mine came from. It's a 21mm. Maybe their web site isn't showing it for whatever reason. :) :cool:

David Wilson
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
John I just got off the phone with woodpeck's and they don't cary a 21mm offset wrench.
Bob Thanks for the lead but I didn't want to spend $20.00 with shipping.
Guess maby I'll try to find a flat wrench and bend it

John Miliunas
12-27-2005, 1:09 PM
John I just got off the phone with woodpeck's and they don't cary a 21mm offset wrench.
Bob Thanks for the lead but I didn't want to spend $20.00 with shipping.
Guess maby I'll try to find a flat wrench and bend it

Well now, that's a bummer because, they used to carry it!:( :cool:

Mark Rios
12-27-2005, 2:48 PM
After mounting my Freud router to the table with the router raiser I found that I couldn't use the wrench very easily so I got out my big vise. Clamped up the wrench and gently but firmly made two, sharp, 90 degree bends in it so that it fit down the hole. I didn't know that I could have bought one at the time but, as it turned out, it was cheaper and faster.