PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Dennis Peacock
12-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your Christmas weekend was a good one. I'm currently oncall for work and I only worked 79 hours last week. So this week isn't going to be any better. :mad:

Christmas was good here. The kids got some cool stuff and my kids made me a certificate for a shop cleaning and organization day. So that was my Christmas gift from the family.

I hope your weekend was great and that you were blessed with family and friends.

So what all did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
12-26-2005, 11:07 AM
The usual and expected was on the schedule for the weekend...but I took an hour yesterday afternoon (Chirstmas Day) to go out into the shop and clean up the "mess that has been festering" for way too long. (I like to keep my shop clean normally) It was good to be out there for awhile with only the music in the air, other than when the floor sweep was gobbling up all the dust, chips and debris I fed it.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-26-2005, 11:35 AM
It was an unusual 4 day weekend for my company.

Thursday....needed a day to unwind .....read a book and napped.

Friday....got caught up on some work related year-end things.

Saturday.....Family things.....Anniversary dinner with relatives

Sunday....Family and Christmas things

Monday.....Finish getting caught up on work related year-end things.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Tyler Howell
12-26-2005, 1:09 PM
It was crazy. My youngest sister got married on Xmas day (#3):eek: , so needless to say bridezilla had me doing all kinds of things I'd rather not including throughing a dinner party and performing music for the nuptuals.
Had some nice time with family and a little quiet time in the shop. Thank goodness thats over.
Took the week off to play in the shop. gotta check out all these new toys I've been collecing for the last few months.:D

Steve Clardy
12-26-2005, 1:18 PM
Spent saturday afternoon with my 2 brothers and sister having christmas dinner and gift exchange.
Had christmas at our house for our grandkids sunday.
Worked on a shadow box book shelf for the wife, all walnut.
Watched the boob tube, napped, ate too much.

Jim O'Dell
12-26-2005, 2:22 PM
Spent Sat am in the shop working on running the 2/0 cable from the meter to the breaker box. Sat afternoon wiring 1/2 of the box, went to HD for some ground wire, a little shopping, then to Uncle Julios for the best Mexican food around...chicken and beef fajitas, bacon wrapped broiled shrimp, and a rack of ribs. HMMMMMM! That was our Christmas dinner since we were not with family this year. Sunday am finished the second half of the breaker box, wired two ground wires from outside (only installed 1 in the box so far) and finished a couple odds and ends. Had a friend over to eat with us Sun eve. A great weekend, though not very traditional. Jim

Tom Hamilton
12-26-2005, 2:32 PM
As expected Christmas activities dominated the weekend; prep on Saturday with last minute wrapping and present transportation to daughter's house (so Santa could deliver them that night) 4PM children's service at church, with the live camel, donkey etc and carols.

Back to our house where I grilled a beef tenderloin for dinner and then to bed, too well fed.

Up Sunday for church at 9:30, and then to daughter's for present opening and our family's traditional egg casserole for brunch.

Got a little shop time in the PM, a bicycle ride in the 75 degree sunshine and early to bed.

Hope yours was enjoyable, Tom

Vaughn McMillan
12-26-2005, 5:42 PM
Spent most of Saturday afternoon working on Christmas gifts (paper towel holders) that will be given to members of my family later this week, then did our usual Christmas Eve Chinese take-out dinner with LOML's mom and brother Saturday evening. Sunday did large quantities of nothing productive, but also got the finishing started on the paper towel holders, threw together a little stand for the quilt cutting board I did recently, and started another "wave" box.

Today will be more futzing around the shop and getting a jump start on this week's "work" work. I'm putting off the mondo shop cleanup that's overdue. I'll do that to start the new year.

- Vaughn

Matt Meiser
12-26-2005, 5:59 PM
Spent most of the weekend doing family stuff. Christmas with my parents, Christmas at our house, Christmas with the wife's family. Did get in a little work on the spray area in my shop.