PDA

View Full Version : Delta Boss Spindle Sander

Russ Hauser
04-22-2020, 9:20 AM
How the heck do you get the 3/4 inch sanding sleeve all the way on the rubber core? And, how do you get the sleeve off the core without cutting it off?

Jim Becker
04-22-2020, 9:37 AM
I don't recall having that issue with mine. I'll try to remember to take a look when I'm in my shop.

Rick Potter
04-22-2020, 12:01 PM
I had one years ago, and as I remember the shaft is 1/2" with a very thin strip of rubber for the 3/4" sleeve. Can't help you with taking it off, but when you put a new one on use baby powder between the rubber and the sleeve.

Another thing I had to do with smaller sleeves was to put a larger washer on the top, to hold the sleeve from rising on the shaft in use. It also prevents the sleeve from slipping.

I sold mine to get a Jet floor model. Wish I had not done that.

stevo wis
04-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Put it in the freezer for a while and it will slip off/on.
Stevo

Carroll Courtney
04-23-2020, 7:02 AM
Looking for the Like button
Put it in the freezer for a while and it will slip off/on.
Stevo

Gordon Stump
04-23-2020, 8:33 AM
Talcum powder

Russ Hauser
04-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Thanks guys. All the reply's are good. After I posted the thread I thought of trying Baby powder and it worked very well. I'll try the freezer thing when I need to take the sleeve off. This is a great forum.

Frederick Skelly
04-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys. All the reply's are good. After I posted the thread I thought of trying Baby powder and it worked very well. I'll try the freezer thing when I need to take the sleeve off. This is a great forum.

Only costs $6 per year to show how much you value the site, by becoming a contibutor to it's upkeep.
Something to think about, anyway.....