PDA

View Full Version : Any deals for woodworking first responders out there?

Matthew Curtis
04-21-2020, 9:26 AM
Has anyone found any special offers for woodworkers that are also first responders?

Josko Catipovic
04-21-2020, 2:35 PM
Why would first responders need woodworking tools?

Rod Wolfy
04-21-2020, 2:46 PM
Grizzly had one about a month ago for 10% off, then they turned around the next week and gave it to everyone for the next 3 weeks.

Now it's shipping for a flat $25, which is normally $200, so up to about $2k, it's almost a better deal.

I think there will be a little recession going on in the near future & there will be better deals to come.

Matthew Curtis
04-21-2020, 4:43 PM
Why would first responders need woodworking tools?

They don't. But a show of appreciation is always nice.

Frederick Skelly
04-21-2020, 6:53 PM
They don't. But a show of appreciation is always nice.

And is well deserved!
I wish I knew of some deals to tell you about.
Thanks for all you do Matt!

Robert D Evans
04-21-2020, 7:32 PM
Because they have to make a living somehow. I'm a retired LEO with 35 years in. Those young guys answering calls don't make much in the early years and often have to supplement their income with part time jobs. I built a lot of decks and storage buildings on my off days.

Frederick Skelly
04-22-2020, 9:56 AM
If you are looking for woodworking tools and are a first responder , I will be be 80 yrs. young friday . Would gladly ship you a Keller dovetail jig , book and all bits included . absolutely no charge for the jig and shipping.

Man, that's a kind offer. Good on you!

And have a happy 80th birthday Sir!

David Eisenhauer
04-22-2020, 11:22 AM
Go Kent! Good on ya.

Stephen White
04-22-2020, 1:41 PM
I'm sitting in a comfortable home office reading a woodworking forum during lunch. Got a paycheck coming in and people out there keeping the world working while I amd my family sit here safely.

Are they victims? No.

But they certainly have my respect and if I was setting prices they would certainly have a discount factored in. I have no idea if Mathew was asking for himself or on behalf of first responder's in general but thanks man I appreciate it.

Frederick Skelly
04-22-2020, 1:48 PM
I'm sitting in a comfortable home office reading a woodworking forum during lunch. Got a paycheck coming in and people out there keeping the world working while I amd my family sit here safely.

Are they victims? No.

But they certainly have my respect and if I was setting prices they would certainly have a discount factored in. I have no idea if Mathew was asking for himself or on behalf of first responder's in general but thanks man I appreciate it.

+1.........

John Meyer
04-22-2020, 3:33 PM
Don't know where you are from, but I just posted an excalibur fence and rails for a table saw, and they are yours if you want them. I am in the Iowa City, IA area. John