PDA

View Full Version : Arbor Length and/or Freud Dial-a-Width on General 350/650

Aaron Mills
12-26-2005, 3:48 AM
I've got an older model General 350 (c. 1992), and I've been trying to figure out whether or not General changed the length of the arbor when it did a slight redesign a few years back. Just curious if any General 350/650 owners out there could help me out and let me know what length the arbor is on their saw. Already tried there usually quick customer service, but have yet to hear a response after several weeks.

On a similar note, if anyone is running a Freud SD608 (Dial-a-Width) Dado set on a General 350/650, I'd like to know how it fits on the saw.

Thanks for any help,

Aaron

Howard Acheson
12-26-2005, 5:03 PM
Here is the info from the Freud site on determining whether your arbor can accomodate the Dial A Width dado.

Arbor Length – Measure the length of the arbor on your machine and subtract the thickness of the arbor nut from that measurement. If that number is at least 1 3/32” then you can cut up to a ¾” dado with your saw. If it is 1 3/16” or more then you can stack all the components on the arbor at one time. Keep in mind that you must comply with maximums that the manufacturer of saw has for dadoes

Aaron Mills
12-26-2005, 6:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I already had that info from previous threads on SMC. I'm looking specifically to find out whether or not the Freud 608 works with most General 350/650 saws.

I'm already aware that it does not fit my saw, but having received it as a Christmas gift I'd like to know if other General 350s accept this dado set.

Thanks again,

Aaron