PDA

View Full Version : Covid stimulus scams start

Dave Anderson NH
04-20-2020, 3:21 PM
I've already received 2 emails today spoofing government emails needing more info so they can send me my stimulus check. I suspect that there will be a lot more attempts going out to everyone and some of them will look pretty official. The 2 I got weren't even done very well, no logos or anything.

Stay financially safe out there folks in addition to physically safe. The sleaze balls are working 24/7.

Jim Koepke
04-20-2020, 3:27 PM
Stay financially safe out there folks in addition to physically safe. The sleaze balls are working 24/7.

The sleaze balls are stuck at home just like the rest of us. They are going to do something and this looks like a big oppurtunity to them.

Be careful toward phone calls and emails.

jtk

Chris Damm
04-21-2020, 8:42 AM
Heck they started 2 months ago!

Myk Rian
04-24-2020, 9:49 AM
I get them with my yahoo accounts. Gmail filters them out.

michael langman
04-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the reminder Dave.

Matt Day
04-24-2020, 10:29 AM
The sleaze balls are stuck at home just like the rest of us

Something tells me the sleaze balls don’t follow the rules of social distancing and isolation.

Jim Koepke
04-25-2020, 11:37 AM
My informed USPS account tells me this is coming in today's mail:

My understanding is the Post Office is having financial problems.

Would signing up for a few catalogs or maybe some junk mail (postal workers call it jobs mail) help them out?

jtk

Jon Nuckles
04-25-2020, 7:22 PM
My understanding is the Post Office is having financial problems.

Would signing up for a few catalogs or maybe some junk mail (postal workers call it jobs mail) help them out?

jtk

I haven't looked into it recently, but I think first class mail is where the postal service has the most profitability. Maybe send out some cards and personal letters.