PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor Issues

lowell holmes
04-20-2020, 10:20 AM
I tried to start my Bostich Air Compressor and it would not start. I am making a swmbo suggestion and trying to
nail a drawer for my workbench. SWMBO suggested and when she suggests I do, the compressor would not start. I looked on line and saw a local purveyor of tools, er toys, had one and was about to go buy a new one.
I thought maybe the switch or pressure cut off has a problem. I picked the compressor up and dropped about two inches and VOILA!, it started.

If your interested, I milled some 3/4"thick wood to 1/2" thickness and made drawer sides. I have some drawer slides. I milled 1X6 to 1/2" thickness, rounded the top edges and ripped a 1/4" drawer bottom groove for 1/4"plywood bottoms. I went three of my favorite purveyors of lumber looking for drawer side wood and nobody knew what I was talking about. If the drawers were going to be mistreated, I would put 3/8" bottoms on the drawers.

I do have drawer slides though. I also have a planer toy, er tool. It sits on a wooden stand I made and I kept the box it came in that I cover it with when it is idle. I am using my folding yardstick which is half of a 6" folding rule that broke.

Andy D Jones
04-20-2020, 12:48 PM
So, is this a SWMBO problem, or a tool problem?

Tool problems are a lot easier, and cheaper, to solve than SWMBO problems! (as demonstrated)

-- Andy - Arlington TX "Happy wife, happy life!"

lowell holmes
04-20-2020, 5:13 PM
Neither, I don't talk back. :)
I have a new compressor. I will put the old one at the curb and if someones doesn't pick it up, I will let the trash pick up take it.
And, every thing runs better when she is happy.

Andy D Jones
04-20-2020, 5:28 PM
You're a wise man! My wife and I are going on 29 happy years ourselves.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

lowell holmes
04-20-2020, 10:15 PM
We were married in 1980, so I fully expect to make 50 years.

Ole Anderson
04-21-2020, 8:58 AM
We have been married 52 years, I don't complain when she buys yarn, she doesn't complain when I buy tools (within reason). Recent purchase rationale: I can save $1000 in labor to do my RV brakes, but my old compressor didn't have enough pressure to bust the lug nuts loose. It worked and I did. I am up $350 over having my local shop do the work. And I have a new toy (strike that), tool.

lowell holmes
04-21-2020, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't you know it, the old compressor came back to life. I now have a new pancake compressor.
If the old one stays alive son-in, law will get a compressor. Three of our grand kids live there.

lowell holmes
04-22-2020, 4:32 PM
I took the new compressor back to the store and they gracefully refunded the cost. For the record,it was Lowes.

I do a lot of business with Lowes.