PDA

View Full Version : Something Like Sketchup for Ipad

Jacob Atwell
04-19-2020, 10:00 AM
I’m looking for an iOS app similar to sketchup. We have an old and slow laptop, but it never gets used anymore so there is no real reason to upgrade. We pretty much just use iPads anymore, so I was wondering if anyone knew off a decent app that I can use for design, cut lists, etc?

Mark e Kessler
04-19-2020, 10:14 AM
I just started using shapr3d on ipad pro, works great for design but if you want to do proper shop drawings you have do a little work in shapr3d aranging the parts then export it to another program like acad, fusion360 etc. i hardly ever bother to do a full 3d drawing and just use it to work out details, i like to spend more time in the shop than drawing...

mark

Chris Fournier
04-19-2020, 12:58 PM
I can't imagine designing useful dimensioned SketchUp drawings on a tablet. I couldn't leave the mouse behind for speed and resolution - being able to pick out details to work on.

Mark e Kessler
04-19-2020, 1:23 PM
Shapr3d works surprisingly well with the pencil, and I come from Unigraphics, solidworks, acad

I can't imagine designing useful dimensioned SketchUp drawings on a tablet. I couldn't leave the mouse behind for speed and resolution - being able to pick out details to work on.

Chris Fournier
04-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Shapr3d works surprisingly well with the pencil, and I come from Unigraphics, solidworks, acad

I'll try that, thanks! You and John Wick have taken the humble pencil to new heights.