PDA

View Full Version : Having Log in Problems With Archived Pages

Jim Koepke
04-17-2020, 10:05 AM
In trying to view some posts from 2013 the page is requesting me to log in. When viewing more current pages I am already logged in.

The archived page will not accept my log in information.

The page giving me a problem is > https://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?211786

Not sure if other archived pages are having a problem.

It may be others are having a similar problem. My first attempt was to send a PM to Keith and found his mailbox is full.

Thanks for any help,

jtk

Jim Koepke
04-17-2020, 10:25 AM
This problem seems to have been fixed during a read of the pages.

It is kind of a strange experience to see that happen as it happens.

jtk

Lee Schierer
04-17-2020, 1:59 PM
It did the same thing for me, but I could see all the photos and posts even though I wasn't supposedly signed in. The other thing I noted was that when I first went to the linked post it showed there were several pages of posts. However, as I scrolled down the page it changed the view automatically to my preferred viewing format and the pages went away.

David Bassett
04-17-2020, 5:38 PM
Jim the link to the archived spokeshave thread was "on" www.sawmillcreek.org. The main page and current pages are all "on" sawmillcreek.org. (Usually a server is configured so these are synonyms, but I guess it doesn't have to be that way.)

Anyway, following the www. link, I wasn't logged in. Deleting the "www." and reloading got me to the page with my login and formatting preferences.

Keith Outten
04-18-2020, 11:36 AM
David is correct. I'm not sure what happened, possibly a software bug.
The first picture in the post looks like it a dead link.
If anyone finds other instances where the page link is incorrect please let me know.