PDA

View Full Version : Festool Track Saw Table

Rick Potter
04-17-2020, 4:53 AM
I hadn't seen or heard about the new Festool 'STM 1800 Saw and Work Station' before today when I was checking my old e-mails. If there was anything here on it, I also missed that.

In case you haven't seen it, there are YouTube video's, which are also on the Tool Nut sales site.

I have built a table for my track saw which goes on saw horses, as well as using tables, benches, etc., but have never been happy with any of them, and this new thing really rang my chime. The e-mail from Tool Nut was about a pre-order which ran out April 12. I called the Nuts and asked if I could get on a list if anyone cancelled their pre-order. The sales guy checked with the boss, and came back and told me if I went ahead and ordered, they are still taking pre-orders.

It's a track saw table, a shop cart, a work bench, and a plywood lifter all in one...and...it folds up to a reasonable size. Must be Kismet, I have been thinking and designing a new table in my head for the last week. I was even considering the Kreg version, even though it wasn't quite what I wanted. Forget that, I ordered mine today.

No, I am not drinking the green Kool Aid, the only thing by Festool that I have is the $99 sander they had on special a year or so ago. Besides, it is black, and will have a nice blue Makita track saw on top.

Tom DiBiasio
04-17-2020, 6:54 AM
Hey Rick

I think if you look close this was a limited time offer release by Festool USA and the preorder period has ended last week if im not wrong. Anyone who pre-ordered will receive their table in October at the earliest. I was on the fence and went back and forth and then ultimately decided to keep my $1000 and look for a different solution. I must admit though the tilt feature for a full sheet of ply directly from the floor seems super handy. There is a long thread on this topic over on the FOG forum. It is possible they extended the original pre-order deadline due the current situation we are in so if you are serious about buying you should jump on it straight away. It also seems if you purchase now with a CC they will not charge you until it actually ships in October.

TomD

Rick Potter
04-17-2020, 7:31 PM
Thanks Tom,

As mentioned, they are still taking orders now, and mine is ordered. My wife watched the video, and immediately said I should get it. :o

This will be good for me, because I can roll it out the door, and make cuts with my cordless Makita track saw and no dust hose at all. I can also roll it open as large or small as I want and have a portable work table.

Jim Becker
04-17-2020, 8:24 PM
Rick, I look forward to your thoughts on it once you have it. It seems like a great design based on the videos and photos I've observed.