PDA

View Full Version : Being here made me smile today!!!

Bryan Somers
12-25-2005, 5:20 PM
Christmas has been a bit different this year. The LOML and I both work in a area hospital she in nursing and I in maintainence. Being this place never shuts down we both worked yesterday and today, different shifts of course. The family not being able to all be together had me a bit bummed out, but seeing pictures of Jim's daughters faces lit up, and Ernie playing Santa to name a few has warmed my heart. Wanted to tell you all that you are all a great bunch of folks and hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

Ernie Nyvall
12-25-2005, 9:52 PM
Christmas has been a bit different this year. The LOML and I both work in a area hospital she in nursing and I in maintainence. Being this place never shuts down we both worked yesterday and today, different shifts of course. The family not being able to all be together had me a bit bummed out, but seeing pictures of Jim's daughters faces lit up, and Ernie playing Santa to name a few has warmed my heart. Wanted to tell you all that you are all a great bunch of folks and hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

Well it's nice to hear we could help Bryan. These are agreat bunch of folks here.

Merry Christmas back to you and thank you for your service to your local community. The rest of us could come into some trouble if it were not for people like you and yours.

Ernie

Jim Becker
12-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks for your very kind comment, Bryan. I'm glad sharing our little "new family" has been enjoyable for you and others. Sharing the nice moments also helps balance those of absolute angst... ;)

Frank Chaffee
12-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Bryan,
Ernie and Jim’s Christmas adventures buoyed my holiday too.

From your post I am reminded of the signature line of another Creeker whom I cannot recall right now.

To paraphrase the parts I remember…

“To be happy for a day…

To be happy for a week…

To be happy for a month, find a new mate.

To be happy for a year; inherit a fortune.

To be happy always; work for others.”

Thank you for your service Bryan, and Merry Christmas.

Frank