PDA

View Full Version : How I spent last night

Ernie Nyvall
12-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Well I got all dressed up and drove an hour to my daughter's house. At first I wasn't paying attention to the honks on the way. I mean it's sort of usual as you get closer to Houston, but then I realized they were more than usual. I guess I'd gotten comfortable in the suit, but then a car load of children pulled up beside me... parents honking and kids hanging out the windows. That's when I realized what all the honks were about... I was driving a Chevy!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, as you can see in the 2nd picture, my grandson was not to sure about me, but then I noticed his drum set he got for his birthday and he started warming up. In the last pic he is reaching for me to pick him up... and too notice the proper knee bend for lifting something:)

On the way home I had to stop and get gas and the children were lining up.:confused: I satisfied them with a few extra candy canes I had in the bag, an ear for what they wanted, and a word of encouragement.

Boy, when I put this suit on I didn't realize the responsibility that came with it when you go out in a crowd, but I did have fun.:)

Ernie

Jim Becker
12-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Ho Ho Ho!! It's Ernie Clause!!!

Dennis Peacock
12-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Ho Ho Ho!! It's Ernie Clause!!!

Ernie Clause!!???!!!!!??? :eek: :cool: :D

You make a good Ernie Clause....Ernie.. ;)

John Miliunas
12-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Way to go, Ernie!!!:D Now that deserves a new avatar!:) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Ernie Claus?............Must be a regional thing!...........You have to have an "Ernie" in the region to have an Ernie Claus! You're playing that Grandpa thing correctly Ernie! Our youngest grandchild is now 13! Miss having toddlers! ( We keep dropping hints to our youngest son and his wife....they keep saying after he finishes dental school....They sure seem to be slow learners?) Keep it up Grandpa!

Rob Littleton
12-25-2005, 2:01 PM
Well I got all dressed up and drove an hour to my daughter's house. At first I wasn't paying attention to the honks on the way. I mean it's sort of usual as you get closer to Houston, but then I realized they were more than usual. I guess I'd gotten comfortable in the suit, but then a car load of children pulled up beside me... parents honking and kids hanging out the windows. That's when I realized what all the honks were about... I was driving a Chevy!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, as you can see in the 2nd picture, my grandson was not to sure about me, but then I noticed his drum set he got for his birthday and he started warming up. In the last pic he is reaching for me to pick him up... and too notice the proper knee bend for lifting something:)

On the way home I had to stop and get gas and the children were lining up.:confused: I satisfied them with a few extra candy canes I had in the bag, an ear for what they wanted, and a word of encouragement.

Boy, when I put this suit on I didn't realize the responsibility that came with it when you go out in a crowd, but I did have fun.:)

Ernie

Ernie,

we need to talk............

I sent you 2 letters and came and saw you twice in the mall and you still didn't deliver what I asked for. :-(. I said Porsche, not a new PORCH!!!!!!!

Looks like you had fun.

John Miliunas
12-25-2005, 2:29 PM
Ernie,

we need to talk............

I sent you 2 letters and came and saw you twice in the mall and you still didn't deliver what I asked for. :-(. I said Porsche, not a new PORCH!!!!!!!

Looks like you had fun.

Hey Rob, now that you mention it, you're absolutely right!!! I was wondering why I got "The 7-Day Diet" book! I asked that fat guy for a shaper!!! :eek: Sheeeesh....Go figure!:D :cool:

Gary Herrmann
12-25-2005, 5:37 PM
Gonna have to put some antlers on that Chevy, Ernie Clause. Good job, I can't wait till I get to do that for my grandkids.

Ernie Nyvall
12-25-2005, 9:37 PM
John, Thanks for the new avatar.

John, you and Rob need to realize that sometimes you get what you need rather than what you want... Ho ho ho ha ha ha:D :D .

I did have a great time and went back today for Christmas dinner. My grandson told me all about his Santa visit and that Santa gave him a hat just like pappaws... hmmm.:rolleyes:

Ernie

Bart Leetch
12-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Ya & the LOML asked for a nice new porch with 2000 sq ft house & garage attached with a new shop for me. Man what gives here anyway.:eek: We didn't even get the Porsche which we would have sold to put toward a new porch with the above attached.:D :D :D

Thank anyway.:D

Happy New Year ;) :D