PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Input On PM Model 81 Bandsaw

Mike Hollis
04-12-2020, 6:42 AM
So this saw is listed locally to me, he is asking $2,000. Ad says single phase, dark green color implies it was made in the 70s. Price seems high to me but I am looking for your thoughts.

I have also asked that he send me a video of it running.

Thanks.

Matt Day
04-12-2020, 9:56 AM
Cut the price in half as a starting point.

Alex Zeller
04-12-2020, 1:01 PM
I almost bought one. It was less than half the price but the owner had to have the trunion repaired because parts aren't made anymore. It was the rarer version of the 81 that had 24" of resaw capacity yet the same size motor. It's a good heavy well built saw but for $2k I think it's too high. For that price Grizzly, Laguna, etc. have some pretty good options. Do you plan on doing any resawing? If so the HP will make it a slow process.

glenn bradley
04-12-2020, 1:34 PM
As sellers we often have an inflated opinion of the value of our treasure. This guy needs to do a reality check on similar offerings and adjust IMHO. Our job is not to convince the seller to come down necessarily. He is free to ask whatever he wants, maybe he'll get it from a slobbering Powermatic fiend (just said that to tease you slobbering Powermatic fiends out there :D). There's one on Gov Deals for under $800. Of course that is not in your area or an apples to apples match but, you get the idea. Now, $1500 delivered . . . I could get interested.

Josko Catipovic
04-12-2020, 3:04 PM
If it's the one in Attleboro, MA stay away. I looked at it.

Mike Hollis
04-12-2020, 3:57 PM
If it's the one in Attleboro, MA stay away. I looked at it.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Mind telling what was wrong with it?

Josko Catipovic
04-13-2020, 8:30 AM
Sent you a p.m.