PDA

View Full Version : CNC table saw

bobby milam
04-09-2020, 4:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yft8yBKOPAE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2pmilGpBqicDaQ3PKSZT_PWeut8jQJvtWkXhZP0-1xR22C9TO1lN4Uq5Y

I came across this today and it looked pretty interesting. I don't use a table saw enough to warrant all of the work involved but I could see where it could be handy for some.

Steve Eure
04-09-2020, 7:41 AM
That takes a whole lot of engineering to come up with that machine. I wonder what a machine like that would cost if made of cast iron and steel and how heavy it would be. Impressive.

Jim Becker
04-09-2020, 9:37 AM
Automated fences, blade height via a control system, etc., like that are not new. That's a nice implementation, however. Not many people build their own table saw!

Art Mann
04-09-2020, 11:20 AM
I worked in the largest cabinet shop East of the Mississippi river back in the 1970's. At that time, they had table saw like machines that would cut up a piece of plywood according to the settings. You just placed the sheet on the work surface and pressed <START>.The blade was on a X-Y-Z drive. It came up from below, made the cuts, and descended below the table again afterwards. The technology is definitely not new.

David Buchhauser
04-10-2020, 3:14 AM
Maybe not new technology, but a very impressive build with attention to detail. I like it!!
David

Larry Frank
04-10-2020, 7:17 AM
I would guess that this new saw does not use 50 year old technology from the 1970's. It includes much better electronics.