PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the LOML's Christmas Gift

Bart Leetch
12-24-2005, 11:51 PM
I made her a wind chime out of Oak & copper tube.

Whew... & she likes it.

Don Dean
12-25-2005, 6:46 AM
Nice wind chime. What kind of line did you use to hang the copper tubes?

Vaughn McMillan
12-25-2005, 7:10 AM
Cutting it a little close there, weren't you Bart? :) The chimes look nice, and I'll bet they sound good too. I've still got finish drying on a couple gifts, but I'm not giving them until the middle of next week, so I stil have a bit of breathing room.

Merry Christmas -

- Vaughn

Bart Leetch
12-25-2005, 3:28 PM
Don,

I used 50# test fishing line.

Vaughn,

Well I knew I couldn't start & finish 6' upper & lower cabinets for her sewing room in time for Christmas. I just got the money together to pay for the material. But I still wanted to make her something for Christmas. Sometimes its nice to receive a whimsical gift:eek: for Christmas. Its also nice that sometimes they don't take to long to make.:D

Bernie Weishapl
12-25-2005, 3:35 PM
That is pretty cool Bart. I bet she did like it. Sometimes it is those kinds of gifts that mean the most.

Merry Christmas.

Peter Pedisich
12-25-2005, 3:45 PM
Bart,

Not only is a nice wind chime, but it's got meaning, a story.

Merry Christmas.

Pete

Jim Becker
12-25-2005, 3:56 PM
Beautiful job, Bart. I'm sure she loved opening that package!

John Miliunas
12-25-2005, 4:23 PM
Very cool, Bart and, everytime the breeze blows, she'll be reminded of you! :) :cool:

Jim Fancher
12-25-2005, 5:04 PM
I made her a wind chime out of Oak & copper tube.

Whew... & she likes it.

Nice! My Dad made a few of those right before he passed away. I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got one. I'm think I might take a closer look at one and make one myself.

Vaughn McMillan
12-25-2005, 6:21 PM
Sometimes its nice to receive a whimsical gift:eek: for Christmas. Its also nice that sometimes they don't take to long to make.:D
I can relate to that. Although not a Christmas present, the one thing I've made for the LOML recently that went over the best was the simple display for her Jack in the Box holiday antenna balls at work. Just a piece of scrap padauk with 5 3/16" dowels sticking up out of it, but you'd think I'd grown the tree myself and carved it by hand, based on her reaction.

Of course, if you were Jason Tuinstra, you could have started on Tuesday and you'd already have built the 6' upper & lower cabinets for her sewing room, and you'd be working on the Shaker sewing machine cabinet to match. :p

- Vaughn

Bart Leetch
12-25-2005, 7:28 PM
"Of course, if you were Jason Tuinstra, you could have started on Tuesday and you'd already have built the 6' upper & lower cabinets for her sewing room, and you'd be working on the Shaker sewing machine cabinet to match."

- Vaughn

So how did you know I hope to make this my next project.:D I already have the material & hardware to include the sewing machine lift.

Then the LOML will want an embroidering machine to go on the right side machine table. I asked her if she wanted a Serger & she said she wanted the embroidering machine.

John Miliunas
12-25-2005, 9:05 PM
I asked her if she wanted a Serger & she said she wanted the embroidering machine.

Ouch!!! Be careful with that one, Bart! Some 'o them embroidering machines can cost half as much as the tools in you shop...combined!!!:eek: :D :cool: