PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Last minute gift finished

Jerry Todd
12-24-2005, 5:29 PM
Built three of these, one each for my wife, my mom and as a prize in a future Valentine Party. Plan on building more as they are quick and easy.

Jeff Dolter
12-24-2005, 5:34 PM
Nice work. Really like the banding. Is that mahogany?

Jerry Todd
12-24-2005, 5:42 PM
Jeff,
Yes it is mahogany, 1/2 inch for the sides and 4/4 inch for the top. My favorite wood to work with. Finish is my old standby, Bartly Gel Varnish.
Purchased the inlay bands from WoodCraft.
Thanks for looking.

Jim Becker
12-24-2005, 5:42 PM
Very sharp, Jerry!! A great gift idea, too. Happy Holidays!

Mike Tempel
12-24-2005, 5:52 PM
Nice work. Mind if I steal your ideas??? LOML would be impressed with one of these!!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2005, 5:56 PM
Okay Jerry....when you make the next batch of those great looking boxes.....I, for one, would like to see some photographs of the entire process....Please! I like those boxes Jerry!

Vaughn McMillan
12-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Nice work. Mind if I steal your ideas??? LOML would be impressed with one of these!!
Jerry, I was thinking about making some tissue boxes just a couple days or so ago, so I'm likely to steal a few ideas from yours, too. It looks great with the banding, and I like the treatment around the top. Simple, clean, and nice.

- Vaughn

Richard Wolf
12-25-2005, 8:46 AM
Plan on building more as they are quick and easy.

Well gees, don't tell them that. Very nice.

Richard

Bob Winkler
12-25-2005, 9:12 AM
Great gift idea and wonderful execution. How nice to take the ordinary and make it special. I'd love to know more about the building process.

Merry Christmas,

Bob Winkler

Jerry Todd
12-25-2005, 9:43 AM
OK Guys,
Thanks for all the nice comments. Sometime in January I will make some more and take some photos of each step and then post them. I have learned so much from everyone at SMC. Thanks again for all the information that is posted.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Kent Cori
12-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Great job as ususal Jerry. I'm sure your wife and mom will really enjoy them.

Merry Chritsmas to you although it doesn't look like it will be a white one for us. 67 degrees and sunshine just doesn't seem right on Christmas. Ah, the burdens of living in Florida. :D :cool: :D