PDA

View Full Version : source for trigger sprayer

Lee Schierer
04-03-2020, 9:06 PM
I been looking for a source for a few trigger spray heads similar to the one in the photo. the longer pickup is what I am looking for. 429504

Paul F Franklin
04-03-2020, 9:30 PM
Here's one, but out of stock....

https://www.grainger.com/product/22N549?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4c2rzs7N6AIVSP_jBx14uQDEE AQYAiABEgK-WfD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI4c2rzs7N6AIVSP_jBx14uQDEEAQYAiAB EgK-WfD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!281733020576!!!g!539229480149!

Maybe you could just add a longer hose to conventional trigger sprayer?

Jim Koepke
04-04-2020, 2:46 AM
Those commonly are attached to bottles of insecticide sprayers.

jtk

John K Jordan
04-04-2020, 7:06 AM
I been looking for a source for a few trigger spray heads similar to the one in the photo. the longer pickup is what I am looking for. 429504

Lee, if you can't find the spray head are you open to using a different sprayer? This would require pouring the liquid from one to the other, of course.

The reason I ask is some years ago I started buying Solo pressurized pump sprayers for fly repellent for the horses. Bottles of fly repellent come with a trigger head and it took a lot of trigger pulls to treat three horses every day. I typically keep the repellent in gallon sizes and would refill smaller containers with trigger spray heads.

These are available in different sizes and are such an improvement! A few quick pumps and the repellent is so effortless now. The only down side is having to refill from the other container but I don't find that a problem.

I bought some of each but like the 2-liter size best: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HJGVN2

Also, I had one product with a damaged spray head and I was able to pull the longer pickup hose off and replace a shorter hose on a working spray head.

JKJ

Bruce Wrenn
04-04-2020, 8:47 AM
Lee, if you can't find the spray head are you open to using a different sprayer? This would require pouring the liquid from one to the other, of course.

The reason I ask is some years ago I started buying Solo pressurized pump sprayers for fly repellent for the horses. Bottles of fly repellent come with a trigger head and it took a lot of trigger pulls to treat three horses every day. I typically keep the repellent in gallon sizes and would refill smaller containers with trigger spray heads.

These are available in different sizes and are such an improvement! A few quick pumps and the repellent is so effortless now. The only down side is having to refill from the other container but I don't find that a problem.

I bought some of each but like the 2-liter size best: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HJGVN2

Also, I had one product with a damaged spray head and I was able to pull the longer pickup hose off and replace a shorter hose on a working spray head.

JKJ

Lowes stocks a similar sprayer (Chapin Home and Garden 2.0 L) for about ten bucks. I don't think it's a good idea to pull sprayer from insecticide and use for other purposes. Read the label.

John K Jordan
04-04-2020, 1:07 PM
Lowes stocks a similar sprayer (Chapman Home and Garden 2.0 L) for about ten bucks. I don't think it's a good idea to pull sprayer from insecticide and use for other purposes. Read the label.

Do you mean Chapin? I haven't tried that but I've tried others which were unsatisfactory. The Solo is the best I've used in that class.

I agree about keeping insecticide sprayers for insecticide use. Same with herbicide, etc.

Bill Dufour
04-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Would heat shrink tube work? may have to put a spring inside so it does not collapse.
Bil lD