PDA

View Full Version : What A Great Year......

Corey Hallagan
12-24-2005, 3:41 PM
I have to say, I am so glad I found this place back in March or so. SMC has given me such a wealth of information and even more so... inspiration from each and every one of you. A great bunch of guys and gals and some that I especially consider buddies. This year has brought me a reviatalized shop space that I am very happy with even though it is small and a great selection of new tools that I feel blessed to own and within a week or so, a lathe will be on the doorstep and added to the line up.
Merry Christmas to all of my freinds here at SMC, from Keith, Jackie and Aaron, the Moderators and everyone else who makes up what we call Sawmill Creek!
Here is to a safe year in the shop and some great looking projects to all of you!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2005, 3:46 PM
Merry Christmas to you and yours Corey!

scott spencer
12-24-2005, 6:17 PM
Merry Christmas Corey! Hope you enjoy next year as much...:)

Randy Moore
12-24-2005, 7:37 PM
To all the members and Jackie, Keith and Aaron Thank you for everything and I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Randy

Mark Singer
12-24-2005, 8:31 PM
It has been great! What great work and experienced members have joined...along with great new members excited about learning woodworking.... Then there are the old members...they are still kicking ...good thing...There has been an overall sense of caring and helping that will continue....that is what sets SMC apart....Its the great people, the spirit.....you could say its the Moderators...(I can't) My wife likes one of the Moderators a lot....she won't tell me witch one....Maybe Mommy will be kissing Santa Claus....I should have had the chimney swept....she won't kiss Santa if he is full of suite....what can a Santa do:confused:

Bernie Weishapl
12-24-2005, 9:50 PM
Amen and ditto what Mark and Corey said!

Merry Christmas

Richard Wolf
12-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Back at ya!!

Richard

Vaughn McMillan
12-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Yep, Corey and Mark summed it up for me. I truly appreciate the help, guidance, advice and encouragement I've gotten from Creekers over the past 7 months. The combination of experienced voices and newcomer's wonder makes for a good mix.

Thanks to all the Creekers for making this the place that it is. Merry Christmas and/or the holiday of your choice, and here's to a great New Year for all of us!

- Vaughn

Gary Curtis
12-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Thinking back to December of last year, constructing and filling a woodshop seemed like a difficult, uphill struggle. Mainly for lack of knowledge.

I went to a few wood shows. And met that new breed, the tool salesman. It seemed that hundreds of buying decisions loomed ahead. And the terminology was strange. A few Internet forums shed some light -- and some strong brand preferences. As well. SMC is my favorite.

I found SMC at about the time I needed to make my biggest purchase --- a table saw. And several individuals here made suggestions that showed keen analytic skills and fairness. This is a comfortable place to learn and to toss around ideas. I even visited Vaugn at his shop, nestled in the foothills of the Angeles National Forest.

So there really is a Creek, afterall. You're a good bunch. Happy holidays.

Gary Curtis:)

John Bailey
12-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Corey and all,

It was a great year. I started my shop just before I found the Creek. After a year and a couple of months, I'm still working on the shop and I'm still getting the best advice anywhere. Thanks to all who have helped, suggested, conjoled, wondered, shook their head in disbelief, and anything else you've done while keeping up with my exploits. It was all appreciated and I'm looking forward to another good year.

John

Andy Hoyt
12-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I've been waiting for you to show up on this thread, John.

Were it not for the wonderful thing you initiated this past fall, we may well have lost the creek by now. I am truly grateful for your effort.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas. And that goes for the rest of you too.

Corey Hallagan
12-25-2005, 12:34 AM
John, I will have to go along with Andy on this, appreciate all your efforts!

Corey

Roy Wall
12-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Just finished wrapping up the goodies for the little one.......

she's all tucked to sleep - ready for Christmas morning:)

It has been a great year! My enthusiasim for WWing has never been higher - and I owe it to the members on SMC.

Tremendously good & honest advice - thanks SMC!!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-25-2005, 1:12 AM
It certainly has been a good year.....and a good year for the Creek! We had some problems but the genial and generous nature of the members here pulled it off! We have Keith, Jackie, Aaron and the moderators to thank for this wonderful site! But in the end it's the members and they way they pull together to keep it a civil and decent place where we can all converse, learn and trade information and opinions that makes it the Creek! I was a member at several other sites but was disheartened by the atmospheres there. I haven't tried to logon there lately but the last time I did, I couldn't...I'd forgotten my logons and passwords. It was nearly two years ago I joined here and though my shop isn't finished yet, it is the culmination of my ideas and the ideas and opinions of the learned members here. It will suit my purposes and those neighbors and friends that have seen it, admire the reasoning for it being what it is and what it will finally be. John, thanks for providing the leadership and the courage to start the ball rolling so that the Creek will continue to flow! Thanks to all the members for the information you've provided me. And..........Andy.....someday.......there will be......dare I say it?..........a lathe at 624 Airway Avenue in Lewiston!:D

Dan Forman
12-25-2005, 5:05 AM
I am very glad to have found this site, and would like to express my appreciation for everyone who has given their time to help not just myself, but all of us who have put forth questions about this and that. I guess that must include just about everyone at one time or another. So to all, a very merry Christmas, happy holiday, and prosperous and productive new year.

Dan