PDA

View Full Version : Biesmeyer T Square Fence

John F. Gates
12-24-2005, 2:56 PM
Anyone have hints on how to change the faces on this fence? The factory faces are applied and then laminate is glued over the fasteners.

I've never seen an article on this subject.

Thanks, John

PS: I did not run it into the blade, it fell off the wall and crashed onto my cemtent floor! Yikes!

Jim Becker
12-24-2005, 3:05 PM
Well...I suspect you are going to have to rip the laminate off the faces. No big deal because you're going to make new faces, anyway. There is no problem with having small holes in the new ones where screws are recessed. In fact, I'm going to do the same for my X-acta fence (Jet Biesemeyer clone) once of these days to get rid of the plastic faces that are not flat. I plan on using 1/2" baltic birch plywood with a laminate face for "smoothness".

BTW, John....welcome to the 'Creek!

John F. Gates
12-24-2005, 3:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll send you some pics when its done.

Take care and Merry Christmas.

Ed Bamba
12-24-2005, 3:35 PM
Anyone have hints on how to change the faces on this fence? The factory faces are applied and then laminate is glued over the fasteners.

I've never seen an article on this subject.

Thanks, John

PS: I did not run it into the blade, it fell off the wall and crashed onto my cemtent floor! Yikes!

John, I feel for you. Mine fell off my table saw when I went too far past the guide tube. Luckily part of my foot helped cushion its fall, but still dinged up the rear bottom corner. I had to file the laminate a bit to get it even with the rest of the face. I'm leaving the scars on it to remind me not to go too far past the rated rip width. A testament to the stoutness of this fence system I guess.

This brings up a concern of mine. Why wasn't a positive stop engineered into the the design so a goof like me won't drop it off the table?

Sorry about the thread hijack. Good luck with your repair.

Take care, Ed