PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex freight box for shipping heavy items

Bill Dufour
03-30-2020, 12:30 AM
I know very little about it but fedex has a flat rate type shipping gaylord box on a pallet. Roughly a four foot cube. I think a tablesaw would fit. maybe a jointer with tables off. 1,200 pound limit. no idea if they ship to/from non loading dock locations.
Bill D.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/freight-services/ltl/freight-box.html

Brian Tymchak
03-30-2020, 9:27 AM
I know very little about it but fedex has a flat rate type shipping gaylord box on a pallet. Roughly a four foot cube. I think a tablesaw would fit. maybe a jointer with tables off. 1,200 pound limit. no idea if they ship to/from non loading dock locations.
Bill D.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/freight-services/ltl/freight-box.html

Drilling down on that link a bit, the prices seem fairly reasonable, $140 - $380 depending on zone and priority.

Bill Dufour
03-31-2020, 1:05 AM
For that price the box and the pallet are included. Seems like a pretty good deal if the stuff fits.
Bil lD

Bruce Wrenn
03-31-2020, 10:01 AM
Drilling down on that link a bit, the prices seem fairly reasonable, $140 - $380 depending on zone and priority.

Even at today's prices, most likely you couldn't drive the round trip for that!

Kev Williams
03-31-2020, 11:28 AM
So this would be a perfect solution to a problem I have, but as is my luck, their boxes are too small... My problem, a guy has been creating a Xmas present for me since December, and he's a day or two from being done finally, if not already, need to call him today. It's about 140#, measures roughly 36" x 36" x 53" tall, and is VERY fragile. To have a box and pallet ready for it to go into to be shipped here would be great...

Bruce Wrenn
03-31-2020, 12:55 PM
So this would be a perfect solution to a problem I have, but as is my luck, their boxes are too small... My problem, a guy has been creating a Xmas present for me since December, and he's a day or two from being done finally, if not already, need to call him today. It's about 140#, measures roughly 36" x 36" x 53" tall, and is VERY fragile. To have a box and pallet ready for it to go into to be shipped here would be great...

Remember that if it's on a pallet, it goes on the bottom in the trailer.